PDA

View Full Version : Advice on FD macro

TheFishyOne
05-20-2013, 03:39 AM
As a Monk, I have heard talk of needing a macro to cancel your autoattack right before you FD. I've been doing this for a few days now, and I see no difference over just using the FD skill directly. Is such a macro really necessary?

Estu
05-20-2013, 08:51 AM
When I just used regular FD, I had situations where I'd be fighting a melee mob, FD successfully, and the mob would keep attacking me. After I created a macro with just two lines (first turn off auto-attack and then use FD), I have since never had this issue. If you don't have this issue then don't bother, but I hear it's pretty common.

Sarius
05-20-2013, 03:28 PM
Any advice on a macro to practice FD and intimidation?

Cippofra
05-20-2013, 03:38 PM
/attack off
/feign
/sneak
/pause 1
/sneak

Dont know if the sneak applies anymore, dont really care as it doesnt hurt or delay anything. I dont group anymore but I used to have this macro and basically a macro for simply shedding aggro where I add /stand and /attack on at the end. And I definitely notice a difference with ending attack first. For me, this absolutely and unmistakably increases successful feigns by a non trivial amount.

Ele
05-20-2013, 05:17 PM
As a Monk, I have heard talk of needing a macro to cancel your autoattack right before you FD. I've been doing this for a few days now, and I see no difference over just using the FD skill directly. Is such a macro really necessary?

Yes. If you leave attack on, then your FD will fail.

Make a macro:
/attack off
/doability 1 (if Feign Death is skill box "1" on your abilities hotbox)

For training up FD, make an "evade" hotkey and if you aren't tanking just hit it a few times a fight.

/attack off
/doability 1
/doability 2 (or whatever number sneak is)
/stand
/attack on

TheFishyOne
05-20-2013, 07:39 PM
Thanks guys. Estu, I've noticed that if I FD while a mob is in mid-swing, my FD will fail, even with the macro. I had always thought that melee attacks were instant, so this was not a factor. Am I wrong, or do you know of another explanation?

Estu
05-21-2013, 08:04 AM
Estu, I've noticed that if I FD while a mob is in mid-swing, my FD will fail, even with the macro.

I've never had this happen, if by 'fail' you mean you don't get the "fallen to the ground" message but the mob keeps attacking you. If you mean you get the "fallen to the ground" message, I've noticed no connection between that and the timing of using Feign Death.

TheFishyOne
05-21-2013, 10:13 AM
I've never had this happen, if by 'fail' you mean you don't get the "fallen to the ground" message but the mob keeps attacking you.

Yeah, that's what I meant, and I just discovered the problem: In the first line of the macro, I misspelled "off" in "/attack off."

Somehow, I get the feeling I should have rolled an Ogre...=D

Frudrura
05-27-2013, 03:02 PM
Back in the day, I used to have to hit the Esc key and then my FD key to first drop target or else it wouldn't make the mob necessarily stop attacking, though I want to say even then it was odd at times. But, that is basically what it looks like the above macros are doing. I hit esc to stop attacking target, their's is just straight up stop your attacking. I would probably just make a macro if I were to play Monk again, perhaps. Yes, macro probably best as hitting Esc doesn't stop auto attack. =/ But to share anecdote from past