PDA

View Full Version : Into Darkness

Kagatob
05-19-2013, 04:26 AM
I'm a prime universe purist and I have made a vow to never forgive J. J. Abrams for blowing up Romulus in said universe before making his own alternate timeline.

...that being said. This movie was outright amazing in nearly every possible way, every time a plot line came up that I thought I'd dislike there was a subtle twist that made everything feel all right again. Even the Klingon with the forehead ridges was fine in my book, remember he was the only one you got to see as the rest had masks, and cosmetic surgery is a thing.

Thoughts?

Rhambuk
05-19-2013, 08:12 AM
oh the new star trek, yeah looks epic heard great things.

I thought you were talking about
http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.5036507279393341&pid=1.7&w=151&h=188&c=7&rs=1

Worst movie ever

myriverse
05-19-2013, 08:31 AM
Well, I know JJ Abrams is a capable guy.

But I'm a purist like yourself. So I don't give a crap what he does with NuTrek. I don't like the new Kirk. Or the new Uhura. The new Spock is passable.

Just let Trek die with Data.
Or come up with really new stuff. I hate this revamp crap. I'd rather these same ideas be put forth in a 25th century Trek.

Rhambuk
05-19-2013, 08:34 AM
Or come up with really new stuff. I hate this revamp crap.

change the title, change a few character names and NO ONE would know these movies are star trek based...

they only use the franchise name to get people to come to the theaters, because good or not with star trek in the title hundreds of thousands will go see it just because of that.

joppykid
05-19-2013, 11:20 AM
I enjoyed it!

Kagatob
05-19-2013, 07:53 PM
I still think the first one was terrible. Red matter was the dumbest plot device since... I don't know what.

SamwiseRed
05-19-2013, 10:01 PM
red matter was dumb but i really like how spock and kirks relationship evolved. from spock calling kirk out as a cheater to them working as a team. shits tite. i dont mind the new kirk but i really like the new spock.

HeallunRumblebelly
05-19-2013, 10:05 PM
change the title, change a few character names and NO ONE would know these movies are star trek based...

they only use the franchise name to get people to come to the theaters, because good or not with star trek in the title hundreds of thousands will go see it just because of that.

Really?

HUGE FUCKING SPOILERS, DONT READ THIS SHIT IF YOU CARE, FUCK, I WARNED YOU

An homage is alright, but seriously, spock/kirk changing places in the radiation? spock/kirk changing places in the yelling of khaaan? They slightly changed how they revived spock / kirk, but still, ridiculous. And the worst part? Like three people in the audience understood the wrath of khan yell (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRnSnfiUI54) and death of spock (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVIt0DYKssI)

That said, I'm a huge fucking Star Trek fan. I'm just happy it's getting some love. Klingons are cool but truthfully the series got so much better in DS9 with the Cardassians. Best evil-race ever :P

PS: New Bones disgusts me. Worst character by a long shot. I get that bones said cheesy shit but this is terrible.

edit: Just waiting on the star trek movie where they get to take whales into the future. Curious how JJ will handle that one :P

FURTHERMORE! Khan was in no rush to get his crewmates. Why did he not just blast the shields down of the enterprise (the vengeance had advanced weaponry, i'd assume precision as well) and then warp the enterprise crew 1 by 1 and execute them upon teleporting in. So simple, for the military genius :P

Kagatob
05-19-2013, 10:44 PM
Really?

HUGE FUCKING SPOILERS, DONT READ THIS SHIT IF YOU CARE, FUCK, I WARNED YOU

An homage is alright, but seriously, spock/kirk changing places in the radiation? spock/kirk changing places in the yelling of khaaan? They slightly changed how they revived spock / kirk, but still, ridiculous. And the worst part? Like three people in the audience understood the wrath of khan yell (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRnSnfiUI54) and death of spock (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVIt0DYKssI)
All that proves is that those "like three people" were the only real Star Trek fans in the audience. The rest... red matter was necessary I suppose.
That said, I'm a huge fucking Star Trek fan. I'm just happy it's getting some love. Klingons are cool but truthfully the series got so much better in DS9 with the Cardassians. Best evil-race ever :P
Disagree completely. I'd elaborate but it would take an entire new thread to do so. I'll simply say that I'm not impressed by an empire that couldn't even handle some Bajoran (one of the most annoying/useless groups in the Alpha Quadrant) rebels and need to cry to the Dominion for help. Dukat was a great villain, it had nothing to do with him being a Cardassian. The greatest Cardassian was Garrak and he wasn't a 'bad guy'.
PS: New Bones disgusts me. Worst character by a long shot. I get that bones said cheesy shit but this is terrible.
I agree but for different reasons. I feel he fits the role perfectly as far as personality/demeanor goes however he just doesn't have the look for it. It reminds me of one of the many reasons Timothy Dalton is by far the worst James Bond. :D
edit: Just waiting on the star trek movie where they get to take whales into the future. Curious how JJ will handle that one :P
Oh the federation is going to be thoroughly screwed when the whale probe comes, mark my words.
FURTHERMORE! Khan was in no rush to get his crewmates. Why did he not just blast the shields down of the enterprise (the vengeance had advanced weaponry, i'd assume precision as well) and then warp the enterprise crew 1 by 1 and execute them upon teleporting in. So simple, for the military genius :P
I think you mean transporting, and that would be completely out of character for Khan. With all of his genetically engineered superiority his Achilles heel is his ambition which JJ has perfectly portrayed in this movie.
Not to mention the shielding on the torpedos... :)

Kagatob
05-20-2013, 12:01 AM
My prediction of the next movie will be crossing "The Doomsday Machine" with 23rd century Borg. Also "The Great Experiment" (Excelsior) will be successful this time around.

:)

HeallunRumblebelly
05-20-2013, 08:46 AM
My prediction of the next movie will be crossing "The Doomsday Machine" with 23rd century Borg. Also "The Great Experiment" (Excelsior) will be successful this time around.

:)

Khan was bold and savage, but he wasn't an idiot. Up to that point I'm not sure he made one rash decision without having an excellent backup plan. I think the movie tried to show how Spock "beat" Khan in a game of wits, but no one can beat the genetically engineered intelligence. Long live Ceti Alpha Five :3