PDA

View Full Version : Cleric heals vs Druid/Shaman heals

Chicka
06-29-2010, 06:02 PM
I seem to recall on live that the lower level heals shared by all priest classes actually had a heal bonus for clerics, such that a cleric greater heal was 300 hp while druid/shamans were 250 hp. On this server all priest classes end up with a 300 hp greater heal.

Am I mis-remembering? Or was it added at a later date in the timeline?

Skope
06-29-2010, 06:25 PM
Both. you're either wrong or that was down the road sometime. Perhaps you're thinking the enhancements added to items? like the damage, healing, range enhancements.

the % hp pseudo-complete heals were added to shamans/druids after velious

Aeolwind
06-29-2010, 06:28 PM
The 10% healing penalty for druids and shaman have not been instituted yet.

MiRo2
06-29-2010, 06:30 PM
I remember something like this. I seem to remember clerics getting a bonus every level, such as the heal did 2 more per level off the base, and other healers just did the base. The same way summon spells increased in amount summoned per level for mages but not other classes.

JaVeDK
06-30-2010, 02:55 AM
The 10% healing penalty for druids and shaman have not been instituted yet.

Because you haven't done the coding or because it was only introduced later in the EQ time-line?

Alawen Everywhere
06-30-2010, 03:34 AM
This is a very important thread because druid heals don't suck quite enough.

Danth
06-30-2010, 07:35 AM
Presumably they haven't coded it. The 10% penalty to all non-Clerics was how EQ originally was; this penalty was removed sometime around early Velious.

Danth

guineapig
06-30-2010, 08:00 AM
Not that I don't believe this to be the case but I would sure like to see some links in suppor of this before we go implementing it.
I do recall this being in the game at some point but can't find when.

Considering that the best non-cleric heal is currently 300 hitpoints and that druids/shaman get greater heal a good 4 levels after clerics do, I can't imagine why it would have been implemented in classic.

But like I said, I don't know. Would just like to see some sources.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:

As far as when it was removed it was mid 2002 which would put it after Luclin.
http://thedruidsgrove.org/eq/forums/archive/index.php/t-1498.html

Reiker
06-30-2010, 09:28 AM
Considering that the best non-cleric heal is currently 300 hitpoints and that druids/shaman get greater heal a good 4 levels after clerics do, I can't imagine why it would have been implemented in classic.

Don't try to make sense out of classic EQ.

mastagee
06-30-2010, 10:50 AM
There's plenty of things like this that haven't been fixed to be more like classic. Heals for druid/sham vs cleric should be:

9/10 minor healing
27/30 light healing
90/100 healing
250/300 greater healing

Many times changes were made but the exact changes weren't very specific in the patch notes; they just said that changes were made. So unfortunately there's no way to prove to the developers that changes should be made.

Thorjorkill
06-30-2010, 11:58 AM
I don't quite remember when the healing penalties were ditched, only that it was some time during luclin.

guineapig
06-30-2010, 12:54 PM
As far as when it was removed it was mid 2002 which would put it after Luclin.
http://thedruidsgrove.org/eq/forums/archive/index.php/t-1498.html

Chicka
06-30-2010, 02:44 PM

All I can say is, I played all the priest classes, and I remember well playing cleric on classic and not getting groups early on due to druids and shamans being "good enough" for healing and bringing more to the table besides. This of course was before sup heal levels and beyond. Even the bonus didn't seem to make a whole lot of difference. Clerics don't have a secondary role so I imagine that's why this existed.

But that doesn't really matter - it's something I remember being classic and which is different on this server. The only reason I posted at all was because everyone I talked to about it in game didn't recall it. Lord knows I am not a fan of the nerf bat.