PDA

View Full Version : Alternate Human Warrior Point Distribution (lowbie issue)

Keign
05-08-2013, 12:37 AM
What are some beneficial ways to distribute your extra 25 points during creation of a Human Warrior besides putting it all into one thing like STA to be the ideal damage sponge? Solely leveling up just to be the ultimate tank for a group isn't necessarily my primary concern, hence why I'm human than an ogre, but still being a good or a good enough tank is perfect. If anything I'm simply more interested in adventuring with an RP mindset, solo or not, and I just want to make sure I can survive and be of some good use out there. Is there even a need to be precise if these points could be manipulated later on?

By default it is:
STR-85 / STA-85 / AGI-80 / DEX-75 / WIS-75 / INT-75 / CHA-75

I was thinking of a generally 'OK' distribution like:
STR-100 / STA-95 / AGI-80 / DEX-75 / WIS-75 / INT-75 / CHA-75
(not too bad? :confused:)

Also, is it entirely a waste to put any points into DEX, or can critical hits and all that still be somewhat useful later on for this class?
Thanks!

Vadd
05-08-2013, 12:41 AM
If you're gonna split, do DEX/STA.

Buellen
05-08-2013, 01:30 AM
Heya

Most folks will tell you to go with stam , but as you probably have read war tend to end up needing to proc weapons to help hold agro. This is do to currently available weapons.

Some folks have argued that a dex build is the way to go and you can find those discussion with a quick search of forums.

Now all that being said my half elf war I put all his starting points into dex to have a base of 110. I was not worried or concerned with having max stam and I wanted to test lots of different procing weapons hence why I settled for dex.

I personaly feel do what you want with your starting stats eventualy you will max them out anyhow.

Garue 31 Half elf War / Buskier 33 Human Cleric Follower of Rodcet Nife.

Keign
05-08-2013, 05:22 AM
hmm this actually helps a lot. this and your other thread that i completely missed. thanks for the heads up!

Myrtiz
05-13-2013, 12:23 PM
Hiya!

I went with 100 STA and 85 DEX
(Leaving STR at 85 and AGI at 80.)

Gluck!

RoKnRuiN1
05-13-2013, 05:44 PM
If I ever make another Warrior, I am putting 25 points into Dex, and 5 points in Sta. I regret not doing this now but I am way too far in my character to start over now. I even play a Darkelf, and they have a bonus to Dex.

Your gear and casters will get your Str to where it needs to be for consistent dps and a good max weight. Maximize your chance to Crit/Crip early on and you will be a lot happier. Plus if you like to solo it makes a world of a difference.

pharmakos
05-13-2013, 06:47 PM
from a min/max perspective, the best way to go is dumping all your points into DEX. STR/STA gear is plentiful, but gearing for DEX requires giving up a lot of AC/HP.

it'll be easier to get to the end game with a bunch of STA, but if you do get there you're going to wish you'd done all DEX.