PDA

View Full Version : On LnS

Faerie Blossom
05-07-2013, 02:58 PM
I've always LnSed as a common courtesy, but here I've found that I'm much more likely to get corpse camped, and if I ask someone I've killed to LnS their attitude is, "Make me."

Why do we do this to ourselves? I don't get any pleasure out of killing you naked, and I certainly don't find it enjoyable to waste my time sitting on your corpse. To me it almost seems like a petty revenge on the person that won, like: "Oh, you killed me? Well screw you, I'm gonna be a nuisance and bore you to death! I don't care how much xp I lose, you'll lament the day you ever won in pvp!"

Can't we just be adults about things, accept when we've lost, loot 'n scoot? What are we getting out of this mandatory corpse camp thing?

I'd like to hear dissenting opinions so I might better understand.

Tradesonred
05-07-2013, 03:12 PM
BREAKING P99 NEWS: Part of the population enjoys griefing other folks

Im sure if u have a nice, calm sit down with Casey and Cast, and explain them all this gently, they will come around.

Because they obviously dont have major RL issues mixed into this

Gel Mibson
05-07-2013, 03:14 PM
BREAKING P99 NEWS: Majority of the population enjoys griefing other folks

Im sure if u have a nice, calm sit down with Casey and Cast, and explain them all this gently, they will come around.

Because they obviously dont have major RL issues mixed into this

fixed for you.

heartbrand
05-07-2013, 03:17 PM
If someone asks for LnS and its not an OOC trash talker I grant it.

Something'Witty
05-07-2013, 04:18 PM
Every time I have mentioned LnS on 99red, either asking if could LnS or asking others to LnS, the person has responded with "WTF is LnS?" I kind of just figured it was concept unique to VZ and gave up asking on 99red.

Lazortag
05-07-2013, 04:31 PM
Nell, your post presumes that someone who's bind rushing is just doing it to be annoying and waste everyone's time. But what about situations where you can get your corpse back without any help, or get your camp back without your items? For example, if a Bard is rooted with mobs on them and dies, it's not hard for them to pick up some instruments from the bank, run back to their camp, and kill the player who killed them (or even get their corpse, drag it far away, loot it, and kill them with all their items). I think LnS should always be offered, but I don't think there's anything wrong with not accepting it if you can actually win in a fight against whoever killed you.

Faerie Blossom
05-07-2013, 05:11 PM
Nell, your post presumes that someone who's bind rushing is just doing it to be annoying and waste everyone's time. But what about situations where you can get your corpse back without any help, or get your camp back without your items? For example, if a Bard is rooted with mobs on them and dies, it's not hard for them to pick up some instruments from the bank, run back to their camp, and kill the player who killed them (or even get their corpse, drag it far away, loot it, and kill them with all their items). I think LnS should always be offered, but I don't think there's anything wrong with not accepting it if you can actually win in a fight against whoever killed you.

But then bards would just rule the world. Especially in Velious, with the Ancient mez that is unresistable in pvp. Just wait until Nihilum gets all their bards that song :P

A solo bard doesn't LnS because they are forced to, they LnS as a courtesy so the system doesn't collapse in upon itself. I guess I see your point, though. It just seems wrong to me, and the VZ LnS system makes what goes on here look like such a mess in comparison. Worse still, it seems to support the big guys over the little guys, in both camp and raid disputes.

Faerie Blossom
05-07-2013, 05:12 PM
There is zero reason for the player base to police itself when the GMs are given the authority to do so.

So you have a vast majority acting like a total shit head up to a certain threshhold (what it takes to get banned / suspended).

And this includes your issue. Also, LnS was usually granted on TZ as well, but if the player had a rep as a shit head, then not so likely.

Wouldn't you rather them out of the zone off doing something else than have them bother you because you're CCing?

Something'Witty
05-07-2013, 05:27 PM
Wouldn't you rather them out of the zone off doing something else than have them bother you because you're CCing?

Sometimes CCing an asshat is very satisfying (e.g., Edvard comes to mind).

Faerie Blossom
05-07-2013, 05:27 PM

:p

Heywood
05-07-2013, 07:48 PM
Usually when I kill nihilum, I let them LnS. I only give them 3 minutes though.

solid
05-07-2013, 08:43 PM
If you didn't want to be CC'd, you shouldn't have died.

Play better next time.

Kaahbal
05-07-2013, 09:50 PM

Wait what, Lodizal is up?

Nuk3Afr1ca
05-07-2013, 11:29 PM
The words "loot and scoot" did not exist on Sullon Zek. If you died (even in PvE), you had sow potions + pumice in the bank and run through 10 zones full of the enemy team and have 20 druids chasing you (one of which would be Darwoth) spamming snare by the time you get to your corpse.

If you're a neut and die in Sebillis, you may as well just go jump off a cliff because you're never getting that corpse back.

Zallar
05-07-2013, 11:36 PM
When I've died here in PvP and asked for LnS it has been given almost every time. When someone asked me for LnS, I provide it almost every time.

It's amazing how fun PvP can be when you're not a dick.

Clark
05-07-2013, 11:40 PM
I remember when I used to play Red99 I gave a Frenchmen LNS one time. The freakin full retard came back in zone after 5 mins. That being said LNS is stupid unless people truly honor it.

Faerie Blossom
05-07-2013, 11:40 PM
The words "loot and scoot" did not exist on Sullon Zek. If you died (even in PvE), you had sow potions + pumice in the bank and run through 10 zones full of the enemy team and have 20 druids chasing you (one of which would be Darwoth) spamming snare by the time you get to your corpse.

If you're a neut and die in Sebillis, you may as well just go jump off a cliff because you're never getting that corpse back.

Uphill both ways, in 3 feet of snow? :O

Nirgon
05-08-2013, 10:29 AM

Oh... for keys to be corpse bound again

Twain
05-08-2013, 02:29 PM
When I kill someone, I just ask them to leave mobs for me to kill. I usually only attack people if they are hording all the mobs! Kill them, help them get their corpse, and then play nice =)