PDA

View Full Version : Moral dilemma- snare someone quadding?

Faerie Blossom
05-06-2013, 05:22 AM
I don't think I *get* the "it's okay to attack people if they're engaged with NPCs" thing, even after all this time. It's acceptable to do and I understand this, but is it okay to do it if it means certain death for the person? Up until now, I've only used it on bards when I had no other recourse, but now I'm wondering if I should use it more often. I'd only do it to people whom I know would do the same or similar to me (people I've had bad experiences with in the past), as I wouldn't want normal PKs to do it to me in retaliation.

When do you think it's okay to use snare/root?

Tradesonred
05-06-2013, 05:31 AM
Whenever it gives you a tactical advantage to do so

Terpuntine
05-06-2013, 06:18 AM
You have to leave the Vallon Zek morality at the door unfortunately. When I first started playing on EQEmu it was on VZ/TZ towards the tail end of 1.0. I came into it with the same dilemmas you are currently facing.

The players of VZ/TZ corrupted my once kind and innocent mind and made me realise that playing dirty is just too much fun. The moral of this tale is simple...

Turn on fraps, root/snare said faggot and let the luls begin. Remember if you dont take that amazing and hilarious tactical advantage they will.

Jenni D
05-06-2013, 06:20 AM
This box has no morals

Smedy
05-06-2013, 06:35 AM
Being another old vallon zek player i had to learn this the hard way as well. Take your chance, if you have to, i usually leave people alone if they have shit gear and doesn't get in my way, but if they are shitting up your camp i'd go for it

Faerie Blossom
05-06-2013, 06:47 AM
I'm strictly talking about people that have CCed, or killed me on cr, or trained, or whatever. That said, you guys are probably right.

Princess is dangerous :)

Miller
05-06-2013, 07:11 AM
I'm strictly talking about people that have CCed, or killed me on cr, or trained, or whatever. That said, you guys are probably right.

Princess is dangerous :)

Hell yeah you should... If they greifed you, grief them back... Hell I haven't griefed anybody and if I was quadding and I got rooted/snared and didn't handle it appropriately or notice somebody else was in the zone and it was a possibility, I would be pissed as fuk... I might rage and bang my head against my keyboard but then I would laugh because I would do it to most people on the box myself, and giggle the whole time.

Faerie Blossom
05-06-2013, 08:02 AM
good luck catchin me on an npc or 4
only bluebies grind

Lol, I wouldn't do anything so mean to FoH. <3 you guys!

Nuk3Afr1ca
05-06-2013, 08:31 AM
You're supposed to knock someone unconscious then cast disease cloud on them so they just sit there forever. Or keep throwing ninja stars at them each time they stand back up so they go back unconscious again. I used to do that to all halflings I found on SZ.

Num1RecommendedByDentists
05-06-2013, 10:03 AM
great screenshot posted somewhere of ledbedder doing that to.. shocker? over and over with burst of flame

Bamzal Sherbet
05-06-2013, 10:49 AM
yep,after the great delevelling when he was oom in oot, was a great story

hagard
05-06-2013, 11:13 AM
You have to leave the Vallon Zek morality at the door unfortunately. When I first started playing on EQEmu it was on VZ/TZ towards the tail end of 1.0. I came into it with the same dilemmas you are currently facing.

The players of VZ/TZ corrupted my once kind and innocent mind and made me realise that playing dirty is just too much fun. The moral of this tale is simple...

Turn on fraps, root/snare said faggot and let the luls begin. Remember if you dont take that amazing and hilarious tactical advantage they will.

I fully endorse this message

Lazortag
05-06-2013, 11:23 AM
I think you absolutely should snare griefers while they're engaged on NPC's. The only way to learn empathy is for them to understand the impacts of their own behaviour. After killing them this way, you should have them sing the empathy song for added effect:

"Empathy, empathy,
Put yourself in the place of me!"

Also if we're on the subject of creative ways to grief people, I think mez-pushing someone into Kithicor (while it's down, so pretty much all the time) is the best.

Num1RecommendedByDentists
05-06-2013, 11:33 AM
prince was on nirgon in dreadlands begging people in /shout for water so he could port out of the zone

we kill him while he was on corpserun, then find his bind ontop of KC, killed him repeatedly until he jumped into the KC pit without mana or water

laughed until i cried

Silent
05-06-2013, 12:18 PM
Someone tried this because they were mad it was taking my bard 3 minutes to kill all the aviaks and gnolls I could find and it wasn't 'fast' enough for them to pick the random kills out. I simply twisted MR to 250+ at level 28 and ran around with the entire zone anything expable for said person and watched as they tried to keep casting on a selos movement. after 30-40 minutes they decided hey ill just snag an aviak off his pack and exp, Great idea. I ran over him with my aviak/gnoll train and aviaks were so kind as to assist their friend being killed.

Personally I couldn't care less, When im swarm kiting on my bard ill invite people to leech exp for free but if they start off right away with the whole snare/root/kill thing im going to screw them over as long as i can. But as for trying to pk/grief someone quadding, I probably never would unless it was someone I really really despised.

Nune
05-06-2013, 01:25 PM

Big Turp a shining example of why Red has 120 people on at peaks. Consort with faggots and end up a pinksock.

Something'Witty
05-06-2013, 02:42 PM

It is a brave new world, I guess it is time for old VZ players like myself to adapt accordingly. Sad panda, meet angry polar bear.

solid
05-06-2013, 03:00 PM
If you're not greifing people to the full capacity of your abilities you're not playing everquest correctly.

Reddi
05-06-2013, 03:16 PM
Griefing not allowed here on blue99. GMs show up to create rules on the spot, hand hold, and stop PvP anytime it happens.

Please respect the first to engage rule, wait your turn for camps, and don't do anything tht yousee others do or risk it becoming "against the rules" unexpectedly.

Also, please keep all community created content off the forums, it is not welcome.

Bamzal Sherbet
05-06-2013, 03:20 PM
I don't consider it griefing. I consider it assisting the mobs

Reddi
05-06-2013, 03:24 PM
I don't consider it griefing. I consider it assisting the mobs

Snaring or rooting people with mobs on them will get you a 2 week suspension for training.

Nuk3Afr1ca
05-06-2013, 08:45 PM
prince was on nirgon in dreadlands begging people in /shout for water so he could port out of the zone

we kill him while he was on corpserun, then find his bind ontop of KC, killed him repeatedly until he jumped into the KC pit without mana or water

laughed until i cried

If you ran in front of Prince with 1 hp, he would screw up and cast ice comet on himself and die