PDA

View Full Version : Necro 50+ Leveling Spots

Pyrozek
05-04-2013, 04:34 PM
Hi All,

Was reading the guide on wiki but it only shows where to level up to 50. Just dinged 50 in Freeport, will probably stay here till things go LB. What is the best spots for a necro 50+ to solo? Would prefer old world since mobs have less hp but dont mind a kunark camp. Thanks.

Infectious
05-04-2013, 10:43 PM
Next time try and use the search, their are a couple threads about this. 50-54 felwithe guards. 54-60 charm in city of mist, second floor or kc basement or charsis and so on...

Rhambuk
05-05-2013, 04:11 PM
Next time try and use the search, their are a couple threads about this. 50-54 felwithe guards. 54-60 charm in city of mist, second floor or kc basement or charsis and so on...

been having a horrible time in com, screwy aggro and pathing surprise trains out of nowhere, im thinking im going to try KC basement.

Swish
05-06-2013, 02:20 PM
50-55 is certainly doable in Felwithe, and at 20pp a drop minimum its easy work.

From there...raptors in TD? KC basement as suggested, giant fort in BW is slow but steady.

SupaflyIRL
05-07-2013, 01:00 AM
highkeep nobles

Swish
05-07-2013, 11:58 AM
highkeep nobles

Yeah, just need to be careful in Highkeep...the pathing is buggy as hell.

goldages05
05-07-2013, 02:15 PM
A really good way to level.

60 necro here.

49-55 Nobles>(fastest grind ever)HHK is second highest zem in game>plus you kill bards and issabelle. Fast leveling.

55-60> Duo with shammies/enchanters in KC Tower(captain spawn)
>Shammie slows and dots>sends pet w/haste and your rogue pet backstabs(take off taunt)

You'll get the fastest leveling with little downtime camping the tower in a duo

I leveled 55-60 in like 3-4 weeks just duoing and then of course soloing the guardians and reg dogs as well

Best of luck

Captivate
05-08-2013, 03:54 PM
id like to know how you think a level 30 shaman pet will be able to taunt a level 40 mob

Widan
06-01-2013, 01:08 AM
Bumpin this. In HHK are you supposed to pet tank or fear kite nobles as a necro? If you're fear kiting where do you do it?

Infectious
06-02-2013, 12:23 PM
I would say it is impossible to fear kite without gettin aggro in there. I never did nobles on this server but I would say root rot+ sending/ backing pet up is your best bet.

Infamous
06-06-2013, 09:16 PM
Bumpin this. In HHK are you supposed to pet tank or fear kite nobles as a necro? If you're fear kiting where do you do it?

Root rot

Infamous
06-06-2013, 09:17 PM
Your best bet @ 50 is to go to CoM 2nd floor or even moat.

Frudrura
06-07-2013, 05:06 PM
Aye, I haven't done nobles on this server with my necro yet but when I did to nobles in the past, EQ Mac, I root rotted, if solo.

Uteunayr
06-14-2013, 10:06 AM
Okay, so, as someone who has just spent the last... 2 weeks on Nobles and Isabella, this is how you do them as a Necro.

Put on Manaskin, if avail.

Get down the hall near the dresser. Root first noble. Feign Death. Let the 2nd noble run back. Get up. The persisting root on Noble 1 wont pull Noble 2. Root Noble 2.

Splurt + Ignite Blood + Bond of Death to recharge health.
Noble 1 dies.
Splurt Noble 2.
Wait.
Splurt Noble 2.
Noble 2 dies (with a HUGE gap between his death and Noble 1's death, since your damage was all splurt).

Handle Isa the same way. Around 53-54, Isa turns LB/DB. The LB Isa just needs Splurt + Ignite Blood. You will need Spirit Tap (Level 29 Life Tap) to finish off DB targets.

From that point on, once the two nobles are spread out: Para Roots + Ignite Blood (first) + Splurt (2nd) + Bond of Death (3rd) on every one. The more the adds are spread out, the better, so you can maintain a good HP total throughout the 6 mins. This does not make it AFK friendly though.

Avoid FD while you have a target dotted, or they'll begin 5% health degen.

Just yesterday, I spent 15 and a half hours camping them. But hey, I got through 54.

Frudrura
06-18-2013, 11:32 PM
Thanks for the guide, look good!

Nothxu
06-26-2013, 01:33 PM
55 necro here.

KC basement seems super rough as the soldiers tend to either resist root or it breaks shortly after they are rooted. Screaming terror seems to get resisted like 50% as well. I was trying down near verix. Charm seems to drop fast too. I was doing the technique where you charm one, get like 3-4 mobs on it, root the mobs, and then cast deflux on your pet when it is at like 4-5%. Since all the mobs are rooted on top of each other, you then charm another and rinse repeat. With the broken roots etc was just too rough. Seems 55 might just be a little low for KC basement. I was able to clear left and right courtyards in KC no problem.

I heard howling stones is where it is at, but I am not very experienced there. I know it can be pretty punishing if you get a charm break during a pull. Any advice for HS at 55? Which wing would I do?

For CoM, I was up in the very top trying it out, but was running out of mobs. The 2nd floor had so many pathing issues, was having some difficulty there as well.

Cords
06-26-2013, 11:32 PM
What level are the Second Floor Guards in High keep. I used to farm those till 55+. Then I go to Burning woods. Actually you can go to Burning woods at 50. good open area at the giant camp, and fast xp.

murcielago200
06-27-2013, 07:52 PM
I duo a lot with a Druid that goes afk a lot with me. is there a spot in burning woods for my friend to park or stay in CoM? I'm bored with city of mist.

Cords
06-28-2013, 11:12 AM
Yes there is a spot to the left of the giant fort that has low pathing, on the rim of the crater.

kaos057
06-29-2013, 10:59 PM
What level are the Second Floor Guards in High keep. I used to farm those till 55+. Then I go to Burning woods. Actually you can go to Burning woods at 50. good open area at the giant camp, and fast xp.

They are green before 50. You must be thinking of Nobles. I tried them and they didn't seem that great. I remembered them being much better on live. The ZEM seems to be messed up on here too though.

Cords
06-30-2013, 12:47 AM
Your right it is the Nobles. I haven't been to HHK in a while, not the best place to take a bard. That's to bad, they were really good Exp in live.

Infamous
06-30-2013, 12:43 PM
55 necro here.

KC basement seems super rough as the soldiers tend to either resist root or it breaks shortly after they are rooted. Screaming terror seems to get resisted like 50% as well. I was trying down near verix. Charm seems to drop fast too. I was doing the technique where you charm one, get like 3-4 mobs on it, root the mobs, and then cast deflux on your pet when it is at like 4-5%. Since all the mobs are rooted on top of each other, you then charm another and rinse repeat. With the broken roots etc was just too rough. Seems 55 might just be a little low for KC basement. I was able to clear left and right courtyards in KC no problem.

I heard howling stones is where it is at, but I am not very experienced there. I know it can be pretty punishing if you get a charm break during a pull. Any advice for HS at 55? Which wing would I do?

For CoM, I was up in the very top trying it out, but was running out of mobs. The 2nd floor had so many pathing issues, was having some difficulty there as well.

At 55, basement shouldnt give you too much trouble. Was soloing down there at 55 with 85 cha. Your going to get some bad breaks but nothing fd can solve. I even tried the pit at 55 and even at 58, its rough. I didnt have any probs using paralyzing root on the mobs. But if basement doesnt suit you, just keep to rcy and sentries until you get some more lvls .

Infamous
06-30-2013, 12:45 PM
Also, CoM is decent pass the invis stairs . Will get tricky at times but just mak sure to have dmf if anything goes wrong.

murcielago200
06-30-2013, 01:34 PM
just mak sure to have dmf if anything goes wrong.

Lol temple and stables love those trains. I always try and FD before the whole zone dies.