PDA

View Full Version : Ranger initial stats discuss

fennixad
05-03-2013, 10:34 PM
Hi there, ive read many threads about this and cant decide.
Many people says full str, but str is easy to get.
Others says full sta, but i dont like full sta, since u dont have to take much dmg.
Agi and dex are hard to get, and i belive cant be maxed with full buffs.
I will twink hard a ranger wood elf, most of time i will duo with a sham friend, but we gonna goup too...
I am thinking half dex and agi, nice procs, hits and good extra ac for tanking when we duo. Maybe agi-dex-sta?
What do you think? thanks

Estu
05-04-2013, 09:08 AM
Don't put anything into AGI, it is basically worthless.

Vadd
05-04-2013, 09:09 AM
STA

Anderdale
05-04-2013, 09:29 AM
If end game raiding is your plan than sta.

Anything else full str.

fennixad
05-04-2013, 12:31 PM
Thanks for replys! can u discuss a bit more? Why full sta? why agi is useless?
I dont think im gonna raid, but who knows? maybe yes!

RoKnRuiN1
05-04-2013, 07:15 PM
Rangers can kite solo all day. You have no need for Agi. If you don't plan on raiding, then dump points either into Str or Dex. You need dexterity to crit with your bows.

Vadd
05-04-2013, 08:43 PM
STA for survivability (that unintentional raid agro)

DEX to help with bow crits

Swish
05-04-2013, 09:23 PM
Going to get bashed for it but will say it anyway...

There will be instances when you're grouped that the MT will be afk, or your group will be looking for a real tank. As an "off tank", you'll want to not stress your cleric out too much with your terrible agi stats. I wouldn't neglect it completely :p

SirAlvarex
05-05-2013, 12:28 AM
I've had a few Seb groups with Ranger tanks. They're pretty good at it, even when not uberly geared. So go full STA just in case you're asked to

YendorLootmonkey
05-05-2013, 02:28 AM
Bow crits are eye candy... but your melee will still out-DPS your bow crits, so DEX isn't really that critical, and fairly easy to max with gear/buffs.. STR helps with melee DPS but you can easily max STR with gear/buffs. So by process of elimination, max STA.

Estu
05-05-2013, 09:02 AM
AGI is useless because all it does is give you one point of AC for several points of AGI (last I heard it was 1 AC for 4 AGI?). Putting those same points into STA will give you much better survivability.

fennixad
05-05-2013, 10:04 AM
I know STR its easy to max, but Dex is? really?
20 sta = 80 hps? thats not great jeje

fennixad
05-24-2013, 09:57 PM
well. i made the ranger with full dex. hope velious comes hehe. with my gear+epics+sham str buffs i will hit the cap on str.
for sta... well 80 hps(20 points on sta) is fine but not great. i did full dex because gonna use some proc weaps and i am going to solo usually with bow when hit 45 (tolans bracer).

really thanks for all your usefull advices.