PDA

View Full Version : Crusader's Test of the Pawn (#1)

RichardM1
05-02-2013, 09:39 PM
I know how this quest is supposed to go and who to give the items to. I have the sarnak head pack full and combined, I also have my kucri(sp?). I am just wondering how the heck I am supposed to get back up there to turn them in??!! I spent and hour or more jumping off the ladder and trying different ways of getting on the floor where the guy is and no luck! If anyone can give me a little help here it would be greatly appreciated! Oh and I do know you can get there with levitation, but I shouldn't have to spend hours waiting or pestering higher level people just to get my newbie quest done. Thanks in advance! :)

Sneeakn
05-03-2013, 01:12 AM
It is a major pain. The best way I have found without lev or shadowstep, is to angle yourself towards the corner of the platform. And to just jump and run forward, there is really no trick to it. If your running on blue check for Monitar and I will see if I can't help ya.

RichardM1
05-10-2013, 06:58 PM
Thank you, that's very kind. I will give that a try.

Aabdel
07-23-2013, 04:22 PM
in case, for some reason, this has not been answered yet.. the glowing red/black walls in the lower level of the guild act as a teleporter to the upper level. no lev/jumping puzzle necessary

[EDIT] my mistake, teleporter brings you to the second floor, not the third. from top of ladder (so you're actually standing on the top), turn 180 degrees, hit the jump button, and wait a split second before you attempt to move forward. if you move forward before jump occurs then you'll fall back down

pharmakos
08-02-2013, 01:16 PM
for some reason that ladder is a total pain in the ass on P99

my iksar SK on EQMac has no problems with it, but my iksar SK here it takes so many tries...

Vega
08-09-2013, 02:00 AM
Just to add something else to this, if others are looking here for info. I've noticed I have the most problems with this if I have a run speed buff on. Click off sow/jboots if you're having problems, and try the jump and move forward thing again.

pharmakos
08-09-2013, 05:44 AM
brand new level 1 Iksar SK with no run speed buffs on Project1999 basically cannot reach this quest giver.

no problems doing the same with a totally fresh toon on EQMac.

Cilraaz
08-09-2013, 04:25 PM
If you are using the new models for some reason, the jump will be nearly impossible. Switching back to the original models makes it much easier.

pharmakos
08-09-2013, 07:20 PM
i use original models

Potus
08-09-2013, 11:56 PM
If it makes you guys feel any better, there's a Necro skullcap quest that's impossible unless someone gives you levitate as well.

Whoever designed much of the zone geography for Kunark was a jerk.