PDA

View Full Version : So my War is a Dark-Elf..

RoKnRuiN1
04-28-2013, 08:47 PM
And I want to raid. Honestly I don't see the stun immunity as that big of a deal, and using the search I have found plenty of threads and posts to support that. But what I want to know is, since my warrior is a Dark-Elf, am I ever going to be able to main tank in a raid?

I am so pro you can't even imagine.

jijii
04-29-2013, 01:57 AM
Nope, you won't be able to. Sorry.

Vadd
04-29-2013, 03:47 AM
I'm sure you will.

Olympia, Kelendil, Eabon, Etc....

Estu
04-29-2013, 08:56 AM
Yeah, you'll be fine. You can go any race as a warrior and main tank raids; the stat differences don't matter that much once you have high-end gear (and they won't matter at all once you have Velious gear), and the lack of stun immunity is not a huge deal.

Vadd
04-29-2013, 09:49 AM
I do play an Ogre, because that's fun to me. My second choice would actually be a Wood Elf...

*alt is Wood Elf Ranger* :P

Splorf22
04-29-2013, 12:04 PM
So, lets say a mob bashes/kicks every 8 seconds, bashes 75% of the time, hits you 75% of the time, and stuns you on a hit 50% of the time (reasonable ballpark estimates imo). This means you'll get stunned about once every 30 seconds. 2/30 = about 7%, meaning you'll have 7% less hate and 7% less dps than an ogre warrior. In Kunark with mallets this is totally unimportant. In Velious it might be a bit more relevant.

In Kunark however you will probably have a hard time stat capping. It's easier in TMO with the +20 from Primal Essence, but you'll probably still end up maybe 40-50 stamina short, which would cost you maybe 250 hp or about 5% less tankability.

Vadd
04-29-2013, 12:13 PM
So, lets say a mob bashes/kicks every 8 seconds, bashes 75% of the time, hits you 75% of the time, and stuns you on a hit 50% of the time (reasonable ballpark estimates imo). This means you'll get stunned about once every 30 seconds. 2/30 = about 7%, meaning you'll have 7% less hate and 7% less dps than an ogre warrior. In Kunark with mallets this is totally unimportant. In Velious it might be a bit more relevant.

In Kunark however you will probably have a hard time stat capping. It's easier in TMO with the +20 from Primal Essence, but you'll probably still end up maybe 40-50 stamina short, which would cost you maybe 250 hp or about 5% less tankability.

Personally, as an Ogre, I'm having to stack Dex a bit more than I'd like since there isn't always a Shammy around.

Go check out some of the Magelo profiles on the P99 wiki if you wanna see end game stats for warriors of various races.

It's all about fun. But also, on that note, though its not as often as some make it out to be, I don't have FUN getting stunned as a mob darts off toward the cleric/slower/whomever.

Essentially..... It isn't "game breaking."