PDA

View Full Version : Warrior "Tanking" skills....

Vadd
04-24-2013, 11:22 AM
Defense
Dodge
Parry

Don't get Block??? WTF

Anyway, which stat effects each skill, and which are most valuable for exp group tanking w/ the occasional named?

Just lookin for others' opinions on this matter.

Thanks.

bizzum
04-24-2013, 01:32 PM
Not entirely sure on the question. You will have all of these skills and they will all skill up as you tank and get hit. They are all equally valuable, but they all will be naturally increasing as you play.

The only way stats will affect the skill is the rate at which you learn them, and I believe that it is dex which affects their rate of skill up, but that might only be for offensive?

If you are tanking as a warrior for a group, you're going to want to go for a combo of AC/HP(Sta+Raw HP)/DEX that will allow your weapons to proc and to make you not squishy. You shouldn't need to pump points into any of these skills, they will always be capped for your level unless you are not tanking.

Vadd
04-24-2013, 02:00 PM
Right, I was just wondering if and which stats increased, say... Dodge and Parry's chance of hitting.... I heard Agility effects Dodge, but I've also heard that's a waste.

Just trying to get more in depth knowledge regarding my class. I was like 11 when Live was released :P

maverixdamighty
04-24-2013, 02:29 PM
Right, I was just wondering if and which stats increased, say... Dodge and Parry's chance of hitting.... I heard Agility effects Dodge, but I've also heard that's a waste.

Just trying to get more in depth knowledge regarding my class. I was like 11 when Live was released :P

agility is for avoidance skills and ac.

cs616
04-25-2013, 03:11 AM
Gamparse can give a lot of info on these sort of skills. Here is the # and percentages for a 54 warrior in planar quality gear tanking basement over the course of 50 fights. Not sure if this helps answer your question at all, but you could download gamparse and run some tests yourself with different gear.

Attempts 1371 100%
Missed 590 43.03%
Dodged 44 3.21%
Parried 78 5.69%
Blocked 0 0%
Riposted 49 3.57%

koros
04-25-2013, 07:18 PM
Nothing changes the % chance of dodge/parry/block/riposte except your raw skill in it. Stats do not effect it.

You don't get block because that's reserved for monks, you parry with your weapons instead of blocking with your fists. Block is the superior skill, firing approximately twice as much as parry at the same skill level. But monks take more damage when they get hit.

heartbrand
04-29-2013, 05:25 PM
Not In velious