PDA

View Full Version : FBSS or IFS/PB upgrade

Crunk
04-22-2013, 06:52 AM
Hi there,

I'm a non-twinked iksar monk in the 30s that has finally gotten enough cash in the price range of a new IFS/PB OR a FBSS. I currently use a Wu's Quivering Staff, and I was wondering the community's opinion on which upgrade I should purchase. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

tommydgun
04-22-2013, 09:43 AM
purely mathematically, the quivering + fbss will outparse the IFS or PB without haste always.

the IFS has a rating of .95, PB .93 and quivering .82, but when the 21% haste is applied the quivering becomes .99

when you apply a damage bonus the difference begins to grow even more because the quivering is the faster of the three items with its 28 delay so the dmg bonus applies even more.

some people may argue IFS because of the lower weights and higher dmg ripostes but i disagree. on my monk the majority of the time leveling up i was either a) fear kiting and not riposting, or b) dpsing in a group and not riposting

enjoy your new fbss :)

Crunk
04-22-2013, 04:32 PM
Thanks. I did the math initially, but after being away from the game for so long I was just wondering if there were any non-obvious aspects of the 2HB upgrades I was missing. The only thing I can think of is that if I get an IFS over a Wu's staff I will statistically have a less even DPS distribution due to the higher delay given short fight times per mob while leveling. It would be nice to shed the weight of the Wu's staff or PB for an IFS, but I think I'd prefer to be more consistent with my DPS.

Silent
04-27-2013, 10:45 AM
A bit late to the post, But without even going into the math I would have suggested FBSS right off the start. For monks the first haste piece is always the most important, especially if you already have weapons. I did not bother with an IFS until I was done soloing around 53(made for one hell of a 8 hour grind with ench haste to go from lvl 10 to 242 or whatever 2hb in seb). All I can say now is be sure to keep your fists, and 1hb leveled up each level cap out that 4-5 pts each time, bind wound too if possible. I hit level 50 with a bind wound skill of 10(fungi/fear kiting never got below 70%), So I had to use lots and lots of bandages and spend literally 2-3 hours straight leveling it up so i could BW at 70% when required.

I assume your on blue, Either way the IFS rocks once you can get one due to the damage and yes ripostes. I have pulled a train of mobs(as well as done this in pvp vs dual wielders) and popped whirlwind riposte disc and watched people get slammed by 150+s nonstop. Anyway personally leveling up I found DW the way to go, Constant damage, especially with running or feared mobs. If you don't turn attack off before a mob gets out of range of catch up to it quickly, You just lost that long ass attack delay swingin at nothing.

Thats one of the annoying flaws I have with EQ is how you can use kick on nothing, And swing 2hb to a 'cannot see target, or target is too far away' then have to get back in its hitbox and wait for the delay to go again. Don't get me wrong, item haste + enc haste its not bad at all with a IFS's delay, Just annoying sometimes.

fennixad
05-10-2013, 08:50 AM
u miss 1 variable: riposte. i think fbss its still better upgrade.