PDA

View Full Version : Shaman concern?

Aethen
04-17-2013, 07:26 PM
Hello All! So I just got P99 up and running last night and I was pretty set on starting a shaman. I wanted to play something that was desirable for groups but yet had solo pontential for those nights when I won\'t get as much play time :).

My concern was (albeit only based off of my one log in :)) was that there are alot of them online, they seemed to be the most played class strictly based off my /who checks. I would hate to level one up and struggle to finding groups etc. Is this the case? Or am I just overreacting? :)

Woahnelly
04-17-2013, 09:16 PM
Shamans are always in demand. What's better than one shaman in a group? Two shamans! And if you are unable to find a group they are spectacular for solo/duo. Play what you like!

SirAlvarex
04-17-2013, 09:33 PM
Shamans are always accepted in a group. A lot of the Shamans you see are soloing.

And you make the best compliment for a duo in the game. A Shaman can duo with anything not named a Cleric and see great success. And even then, a Cleric wouldn't be bad because *you'd still be able to kill anything*.

liveitup1216
04-18-2013, 12:10 AM
This server is rather full of monks/shamans/etc but for good reason, they're fun strong classes.

Especially classes like cleric/sham, you can never have too many. Lots are alts and buff drones, don't get discouraged and play what you truly enjoy.

On the same token, I also have a habit of wanting to be play the least played class in every game, so I get your feeling!

Itap
04-18-2013, 12:14 AM
Erudite paladin or bust

Swish
04-18-2013, 08:36 AM
My main on live for years was a shaman (had 3 at different times) and they're a great class. The slow spell line is unparalleled compared to the enchanter one so a great group setup requires a shaman, not to mention the amount of awesome stat buffs you can give out.

Don't be discouraged at playing any class because there's already too many of them. If you want to play a lesser played class (at the moment: mage, paladin, bard {very few high level bards}) then go for it... but ultimately a shaman is an excellent choice, you guys make a cleric's work much easier as a backup healer/slower.

If I hadn't done them to death on live I'd roll one here :)

Aethen
04-18-2013, 04:44 PM
Awesome thanks for all the positive reinforcement guys! Almost big bad level 4 :).

I completely forgot how difficult it can be starting in Everquest, but i\'m completely addicted all over again.

TarukShmaruk
06-07-2013, 01:31 PM
This server is rather full of monks/shamans/etc but for good reason, they're fun strong classes.

Especially classes like cleric/sham, you can never have too many. Lots are alts and buff drones, don't get discouraged and play what you truly enjoy.

On the same token, I also have a habit of wanting to be play the least played class in every game, so I get your feeling!

Shaman WAS the least played class in classic on my server. Or at least one of the least.