PDA

View Full Version : Iksar monks, from scratch...

Swish
04-17-2013, 05:12 PM
So when I finally get back to playing properly I'm thinking of playing an iksar monk from scratch...away from fungis, t-staffs, and all the usually glitz and glam of the twinked monk.

Does Cabilis provide any quests worth doing for the young padawan? Never played a monk on live and its definitely the class I know least about in terms of levelling, gearing and weight allowances etc.

Tips/advice (other than "twink if you can")? All are welcome :)

Mathiasaurus
04-18-2013, 09:20 PM
There's a curscale quest that provides some decent AC for low level.

Switch to burynai hide armor from Kurns.

Itap
04-18-2013, 09:36 PM
There are the shackle quests also

http://wiki.project1999.org/Shackle_of_Steel

Steel is post velious launch, and I believe the last shackle available on this server

Wikar
04-22-2013, 03:56 AM
I bought 2 Wu's Sticks to start my monk, and they have been great.. spent like 200pp each, or get them to drop in CoM. Now I use 1 Wu stick and a springwood club but there is tons of better weapons i.e. Cane of Harmony, Jade Mace, Knuckle Dusters.. depends what pp u got.

Or if you are taking a fresh route with no twinkage whatsover, then look for a cracked staff off skellies. Dual wield is the way to go up to 30 or so.

Silent
04-27-2013, 11:13 AM
The previous shackle to the one of steel is still worth obtaining, As an iksar you are cut out of alot of the normal monk bracers with stats due to race. Most options will be hardened clay bracelet and dragon bone bracelet(juggs near trakanon and dragon drop). the 5sv magic from the max shackle quest is worth it in the long run if your pvp or even on blue.

Try to see if you can save up some plat(giants are a good place for this once you hit 20+ and can do WW giant fort then FM Giant fort they drop alot of 50-60pp items and 300pp vendorable earrings(probably sell for more on auction 3dex 3wis 3agi forest loops) Snag a wu stick and offhand a knuckleduster and you are set until you can afford a haste item ie FBSS.

Curscale is good, Once you get to 30+ though you can go I think dalnirs it is. A bunch of Crescent monk gear drops there a long with necro gear. The gear is all weightless with stats some really nice stuff there you will end up wearing until planar or better.

gcobb
05-04-2013, 06:51 PM
The Cabilis monk guild has its own armor quest (the curscale being a bit too heavy). Look up Sparring Armor on the wiki. Plus of course the shackles. Your best bet for armor, though, is probably just going to be tailoring. Given that you'll be killing bonecrawlers in the FoB pit from about levels 6-11, you shouldn't have much trouble making a set each of 1.) raw silk and 2.) cured silk armor. Good luck!

Schortt
05-05-2013, 07:22 AM
While you're working up through the Shackle quests (Rock) you'll need to be in the Kurn's basement killing the Fingered Skeleton. This is also a good opportunity to camp the Skeletal Jester and snag an Iksar Berserker Club as well as the skull to do this quest: http://wiki.project1999.org/Mirgon_Dower%27s_Head

The result is a zero weight, 2AC 5int 10hp/mana neck. Sure, it's better for a Necro but 2AC and 10HP are great for a monk who isn't twinking, especially since the rest of the quest is collecting some easy bits and pieces here and there.