PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Necro FD. Duration and Pet agro

oldhead
06-26-2010, 05:15 PM
I dont play a necro so I could be wrong about this. Correct me if I am.

Two issues I seen that are not classic.

I seen a necro FD with pet up. The pet was no taking agro from mobs. It was just standing there and the mobs would ignore it. In clasic a pet would still get agro same as a player even if its master was FD.

I seen a spell caster used FD for hours. In classic (kunark is the earliest I remember) if a necro FD and stay that way for a long period (5 or 10 mins) he would die for real. Only the ability FD could stay down permanently and not die.

I should edit the title to say "SPELL FD" not necro. its not a class issue but a spell mechanic issue.

Phallax
06-26-2010, 05:23 PM
1. Pets should get agro as long as the mobs arent green to them. I know my pet can be by himself and get agro, maybe the coding agros the pets based on the owners status. example: My pet can sit in a group of NPCs just fine byhimself. I drop my faction to KOS to the same pack, hell then be agroed by them. So maybe the mobs are treating the pet as tho its FD as the owner is.

2. I dont remember that at all. Theyd only die if they were in lich and FD. I know in WoW Hunter FD kills you after time but dont remember it ever happening in EQ

Kainzo
06-26-2010, 07:52 PM

I seen a necro FD with pet up. The pet was no taking agro from mobs. It was just standing there and the mobs would ignore it. In clasic a pet would still get agro same as a player even if its master was FD.

I seen a spell caster used FD for hours. In classic (kunark is the earliest I remember) if a necro FD and stay that way for a long period (5 or 10 mins) he would die for real. Only the ability FD could stay down permanently and not die.

I should edit the title to say "SPELL FD" not necro. its not a class issue but a spell mechanic issue.

#1. Pets would still aggro most of the time on classic.
#2. I think you're thinking about WoW. This was never the case in live EQ.

oldhead
06-27-2010, 03:35 AM
#1. Pets would still aggro most of the time on classic.
#2. I think you're thinking about WoW. This was never the case in live EQ.

I didnt know FD could kill you in WoW.

Maybe I left my leech on then... Could have sworn Spell FD killed your if you were FD for 5-10 mins.

mmiles8
06-27-2010, 03:57 AM
It killed your pet if you were FD for that long.

darkblade717
06-27-2010, 04:33 AM

You SAW...not seen...idiot.

Hunter FD in WoW kills you after 6 minutes. My pet gets aggro all the time while I'm FD.

Cogwell
06-27-2010, 10:41 AM
Poster is incorrect on both issues.

Reiker
06-27-2010, 07:22 PM
Pet dying after the owner is fd too long was added later, maybe kunark? I distinctly remember people getting pissed because necros were permanently holding camps like frenzy while Afk/fd. Back then necro pets were ridiculous and could hold frenzy without support from the player.

Also I can't stand hillbillies that say "i seen."