PDA

View Full Version : Noobie Necro Gear

Nihilist_santa
04-15-2013, 01:14 AM
I am sorry if this has been answered before but I am curious about a type of progression in gear transitioning from cloth? I have rerolled here and have a level 13 noobie necro with most slots empty besides a few pieces of cloth and noclin's femur from the paineel quest which is normal. Should I be trying to craft something better up or try to just save money or are there some items I can camp or quest starting in the approaching levels.

I was wondering where I should try to go to start acquiring gear. I know casters are kind of low maintenance when it comes to gear but its disappointing seeing blank slots on the char sheet. So far cash has been slightly harder to come by than when I played here before as an enchanter due to being KOS and not being able to bank where I have been leveling. If I have an idea ahead of time on where I should be heading I can try to work around the banking issues.

Nihilist_santa
04-15-2013, 07:19 PM
Disregard. The wiki has a great preplanar gear guide. Looks like just toughing it out til the 20s/30s is the route to go for now.

http://wiki.project1999.org/Detailed_Necromancer_Gear_Guide

Spacebar
04-16-2013, 10:31 AM
If you are an erudite (assuming since you mentioned a Paineel quest) or even a human, you could considered the Flayed Skin Armor. It usually goes for cheap if it is even sold. A lot of people might just give it away. Also, if you can find a way to get to Karnor's Castle, you could just sit there for a few hours asking for it and i'm sure some people would just give it to you.

It is decent for starting gear. I have it on my human necro cause I don't really feel like investing much in him until Velious. Here is a link to the gear: http://wiki.project1999.org/Flayed_Skin_Armor

Nihilist_santa
04-16-2013, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the tip Spacebar. I had completely forgotten about flayed skin armor.

Auvdar
04-17-2013, 11:40 AM
I wouldn't worry about buying to much gear as a necro, it's not that important. Get what you can get for cheap/camp yourself as you go, then save your money for a CoS and Jboots.