PDA

View Full Version : Research Swap

Kekephee
04-12-2013, 02:15 PM
I'm surprised there isn't a thread about this already, so I'm starting one. I'm interested in getting a research swap together- people of different classes who need different research components trading components. I've got a boatload of enchanter and wizard components, and a couple mage ones, and really need necro pieces. Hit me up in game (bard name Kekephee, necro name Gifro) if you're interested in making a trade.

I figure this could potentially be a much better use of research pieces than simply vendoring them, because I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty tired of running around checking vendors for words while dozens of research pieces rot in my bank waiting for an enchanter to need them. I'd love it if I could get a list compiled of who has what and needs what so that maybe the casters on this server can work together on making research less of a PITA.

Basically what I'm hoping is that we all leave a list of what we've got and what we need, and somewhere in there we'll start seeing sets of people who each has what the other wants.

Here's what I have:

Enchanter
Faded Velishoul's Tome Pg x 2
Part of Tasarin's Grimoire Pg. 312 (Left) x1
Part of Tasarin's Grimoire Pg. 23 (Right) x2
Part of Tasarin's Grimoire Pg. 24 (Left) x5
Part of Tasarin's Grimoire Pg. 24 (Right) x4
Part of Tasarin's Grimoire Pg. 26 (Left) x2
Part of Tasarin's Grimoire Pg. 26 (Right) x4
Part of Tasarin's Grimoire Pg. 375 (Left) x3
Part of Tasarin's Grimoire Pg. 375 (Left) x3
Part of Tasarin's Grimoire Pg. 390 (Right) x2
Part of Tasarin's Grimoire Pg. 30 (Right) x2
Part of Tasarin's Grimoire Pg. 30 (Left) x1
Velishoul's Tome Pg. 109 x2
Velishoul's Tome Pg. 43

Wizard Runes

Al'Kabor x3
Combine x1
Fulguration x1
Falhalem x1
Howling x1
Helix x1
Periphery x1
Oppression x1
Neglect x1
Nagafenx2
Regeneration x1
Substancex3
Trauma x1
Velious x1

Miscellanious Research Components

Flame of Vox x1

What I need:

I'm looking for Necro research components for 24 and 29 spells. Since my necro is 26, I'm prioritizing the first 10 words on this list (especially detachment and allure, the pet words that I'm really having trouble getting my hands on), but I'm also looking ahead.

Words of Detachment
Words of Allure
Words of Discernment
Words of Eventide
Words of the Sentient (Beza)
Words of Recluse
Words of Absorption
Words of Cloudburst
Words of Mistbreath
Words of Cazic-Thule
Words of Possession
Words of Haunting
Words of Rupturing
Words of Purification
Words of the Incorporeal
Words of Acquisition (Azia)
Words of Possession
Words of Dissemination
Words of Parasitism

Swish
04-14-2013, 10:41 AM
Detachment, if you're lucky...can be found on Highkeep vendors sometimes. I went crazy trying to find them to make my 24 pet.

Highkeep vendors for all words/runes/pages is a good spot as there's a wide range of levels being killed in there. Might even be worth "mining" Tarn Visilin (stood next to the bard vendor) as he's the only vendor that sells to the evils/kos.

Other than that, check druid rings. I know a lot of those listed will appear on the vendors outside Oggok from those that kill spectres in Feerott.

Kekephee
04-14-2013, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the tips, Swish.

Kekephee
04-27-2013, 04:50 PM
I've got a bunch of new stuff banked but I'm not going to edit the post for an hour if no one is interested in doing this. No takers? Nothing?

Swish
04-28-2013, 08:45 AM
It's hard to find someone who is playing 2 separate research classes, or who is at least saving runes/pages on a non-researcher.

If you need any necro combines done, look out for Waggs (I'm not on much lately however). His research is ~165 or so.

Kekephee
04-28-2013, 03:17 PM
Well it doesn't have to be two research classes. The idea was like, I have a lot of enchanter pages, so maybe there's an enchanter out there who has a lot of necro pages and we can hook each other- Christ, Swish, you have the most mesmerizing and terrifying signatures I can't even concentrate on finishing this post right now

smokemon
04-29-2013, 08:36 AM
Part of Tasarin's Grimoire Pg. 26 (Left) x2
Part of Tasarin's Grimoire Pg. 26 (Right) x4

can i buy one of each of those off you, i need AE mez :D

Kekephee
04-29-2013, 02:23 PM
Sure thing. I'm probably going to get rid of all these words but I'll keep those for you. I'll friend you so I can see if you're on. My chars are Gifro and Kekephee.