PDA

View Full Version : PSA: Anti-Cheater Division

nilbog
04-10-2013, 01:07 PM
Many accounts have been banned for use of third-party cheating software.

Justice has been served.

http://i49.tinypic.com/33jjmrq.jpg

There's new law in town. If you have considered cheating, don't do it.

If you receive a ban and believe it to be in error, create a petition thread with your account names and character names.

Never share your account information with others.

Safer streets, stronger communities. Keeping Norrath clean.

magician
04-10-2013, 01:11 PM
o ya

Ele
04-10-2013, 01:12 PM
A++++++++++++++++++++, would post again

Malphite
04-10-2013, 01:12 PM
Caught between a rock, and a hard place.

Alarti0001
04-10-2013, 01:13 PM
Awesome wtb perma bans!

Lazortag
04-10-2013, 01:14 PM
Out of curiosity, when was the last time a "sweep" like this occurred?

quido
04-10-2013, 01:15 PM
Hooray!

agdros
04-10-2013, 01:18 PM
Thank you.

falkun
04-10-2013, 01:26 PM
Is that Ephi, The Seventh Hammer?

Reddi
04-10-2013, 01:30 PM
Need names so I can rat out their alts

zanderklocke
04-10-2013, 01:33 PM
Thank you.

Skope
04-10-2013, 01:39 PM
Where has this attitude been for three years? Sorry to be such a downer here, but this server and the GMs have had a pretty poor record with respect to dealing with cheaters. I'm glad that you're taking a much harsher approach, I really am, but I'm also very wary.

Sinlea
04-10-2013, 01:41 PM
Now let's do away with account sales/trades too!

Cars
04-10-2013, 01:44 PM
Where has this attitude been for three years? Sorry to be such a downer here, but this server and the GMs have had a pretty poor record with respect to dealing with cheaters. I'm glad that you're taking a much harsher approach, I really am, but I'm also very wary.

3 years ago, they didn't have the same methods to detect show EQ and MQ as they do now so it's probably justified that they didn't penalize quite the same in P99's early days.

falkun
04-10-2013, 01:47 PM
I'm glad these are bans, and not 365(ish?) warnings. Now I just hope the bans are permanent.

letsallkillandy
04-10-2013, 01:50 PM
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GjjZGyYcH9E?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GjjZGyYcH9E?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Sylexis
04-10-2013, 01:51 PM
Seeing this thread made my day.

Ephi
04-10-2013, 01:52 PM
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zdL7N3wkpco?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zdL7N3wkpco?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Lanuven
04-10-2013, 01:55 PM

This is the second major round of account bans / deleveling. Agreed accounts should have been banned the first time. Most accounts that were deleveled were back to 60 in a couple weeks. But the fight has been never ending I'm sure.

KotBK
04-10-2013, 01:56 PM
Good to see, however i am still curious how truly effective this actually was or will be as i haven't been playing as of late.

Num1RecommendedByDentists
04-10-2013, 01:57 PM
Need names so I can rat out their alts

out the dirty whistles

Servellious
04-10-2013, 02:09 PM
Name and shame god please

quido
04-10-2013, 02:11 PM
Yeah cmon staff, throw us a bone here - give us the chance to ostracize these people PLEASE!

JonathanHancock
04-10-2013, 02:12 PM
Hhahahahahh

nice picture OP

Would have anything to do with all the level 42s I've been seeing runnin around with epics and full PoSky gear? (talkin pallies and SKs here not rogues)

JonathanHancock
04-10-2013, 02:13 PM
And yes, this was discussed at LENGTH int he Aaius hack-poofing thread.

THESE PEOPLE DON'T REALLY CARE ABOUT BANS. THEY HAVE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS TO MILLIONS OF PLATINUM ON ALTS, THEY WILL JUST BUY A NEW TOON

OFF WITH THEIR HEADS, AND OUT WITH THEIR NAMES PLS!!!!

JonathanHancock
04-10-2013, 02:15 PM
This is the second major round of account bans / deleveling. Agreed accounts should have been banned the first time. Most accounts that were deleveled were back to 60 in a couple weeks. But the fight has been never ending I'm sure.

Yea which is REALLY FUCKIN STRANGE TO ME.

I remember, last time, seeing PALADINS AND SKS relevel from 46-60 in like 3-4 days. Was RREEEAALLLLYYYY fucking shady.

nilbog
04-10-2013, 02:20 PM
This has nothing to do with the previous 365 suspensions and deleveling. That was a one-time leniency event of the distant past.

If anyone is de-leveled, it is of their own accord.

Lagaidh
04-10-2013, 02:21 PM
I... I love you.

zel
04-10-2013, 02:21 PM
So these are permanent bans and not just delevel / suspension?

Hasbinbad
04-10-2013, 02:22 PM
THE GREAT CULL OF 2013

This has nothing to do with the previous 365 suspensions and deleveling. That was a one-time leniency event of the distant past.

are they IP bans or just account bans?

also, if someone gets banned on the blue server, is their account also banned on the red server?

Hasbinbad

So these are permanent bans and not just delevel / suspension?
PER MA BAN!
PER MA BAN!
PER MA BAN!
PER MA BAN!
PER MA BAN!
PER MA BAN!

zel
04-10-2013, 02:23 PM
We can only hope HBB

Jenni D
04-10-2013, 02:25 PM
Players just gonna reroll & simply have their guilds PL them back to where they left off. Safe in the knowledge the community cant shun them or their friends who disrespect GM bans

Lagaidh
04-10-2013, 02:27 PM
Can we just be thankful for getting something? The community's always asking. Today, they're getting.

Itap
04-10-2013, 02:27 PM
Would read again

Tecmos Deception
04-10-2013, 02:28 PM
This is fun! :)

Sektor
04-10-2013, 02:31 PM
Names please.

Shinko
04-10-2013, 02:41 PM
As an officer of F.E I would also like a list to know who to black list. Even if they reroll ill prob recall their voice .

List them all.

47shadesofgay
04-10-2013, 02:44 PM
How many got the axe?

zel
04-10-2013, 02:45 PM
Yea Nilbog you tease, we are dying over here!

Splorf22
04-10-2013, 02:51 PM
Agree with Shinko, Jeremy, and the others 100%. Most of these people will be back: look at Bouncerr. They either have friends to PL them, other accounts they didn't use MQ on, or tons of pp on mules. I don't mind giving people a second chance but we need an MQ hall of shame somewhere on this site.

Thulack
04-10-2013, 02:55 PM
Agree with Shinko, Jeremy, and the others 100%. Most of these people will be back: look at Bouncerr. They either have friends to PL them, other accounts they didn't use MQ on, or tons of pp on mules. I don't mind giving people a second chance but we need an MQ hall of shame somewhere on this site.

If there is one thing that EVERYONE on this server can agree on it is that we all want the names of those who are banned to be listed. Yes some don't care that their friends cheat and will help them on new accounts but personally i rather not interact with people who cheat and would like to see a list to make sure i'm not.

Hasbinbad
04-10-2013, 02:55 PM
NAME AND SHAME!
NAME AND SHAME!
NAME AND SHAME!
NAME AND SHAME!
NAME AND SHAME!
NAME AND SHAME!
NAME AND SHAME!
NAME AND SHAME!
NAME AND SHAME!
NAME AND SHAME!
NAME AND SHAME!
NAME AND SHAME!
NAME AND SHAME!
NAME AND SHAME!
NAME AND SHAME!
NAME AND SHAME!
NAME AND SHAME!
NAME AND SHAME!
NAME AND SHAME!
NAME AND SHAME!
NAME AND SHAME!
NAME AND SHAME!
NAME AND SHAME!
NAME AND SHAME!
NAME AND SHAME!
NAME AND SHAME!
NAME AND SHAME!
NAME AND SHAME!

feanan
04-10-2013, 02:57 PM
Good first step, and glad to see the GM's do something!

But, as other people have stated, given the ease of buying and selling of accounts, etc...

Should really start naming names :)

Emphase
04-10-2013, 03:00 PM
Even after you found out all the names, they could just make new names and level completely incognito if they aren't getting IP bans, so name and shame wouldn't really do much anyways since the original names you know them by are banned. (I still think we should get a list to find out who they were, the scums)

Hasbinbad
04-10-2013, 03:00 PM
Shut up nerd, this thread is about naming and shaming.

Jenni D
04-10-2013, 03:01 PM
Fair point
after the petitions are cleared, see no reason why list cannot be created

Jenni D
04-10-2013, 03:02 PM
Even after you found out all the names, they could just make new names and level completely incognito if they aren't getting IP bans, so name and shame wouldn't really do much anyways since the original names you know them by are banned

But their guilds are less likely to PL them back up.
If you had three level 60s banned and you were shunned by your guild, would you start again from scratch?

Cars
04-10-2013, 03:04 PM
If you had three level 60s banned and you were shunned by your guild, would you start again from scratch?

You think if Nihi lost people they would shun anyone? They are still shy on people to take VP proper, they would PL any dedicated player back into the raid team without thinking twice about it.

Jenni D
04-10-2013, 03:06 PM
Maybe. but at least the community would know.
This isnt about nihi or tmo or anyone else. its about any cheats.
Pras nilbog

Ephi
04-10-2013, 03:07 PM
All this talk of IP bans. Let me reset my router real quick.

04-10-2013, 03:11 PM
out the names

Skope
04-10-2013, 03:12 PM

Are you guys deleting the accounts? or perma-blocking them?

Once the dust settles, you should consider giving out their stuff in EC or crushbone or something. Would make for a good event and deter others from doing the same as well as make a few noobs happy.

47shadesofgay
04-10-2013, 03:12 PM

While I agree that IP bans are largely useless, it wouldn't be your router you're going to need to reset to get around them.

Unless whoever is dishing them out is putting 192.x.x.x addresses in the ban list, but that's not going to work out well. ;)

Skope
04-10-2013, 03:15 PM
While I agree that IP bans are largely useless, it wouldn't be your router you're going to need to reset to get around them.

Unless whoever is dishing them out is putting 192.x.x.x addresses in the ban list, but that's not going to work out well. ;)

That wouldn't work, and neither would MAC addresses. Proxies are easy to come by and not difficult to set up either. It's got to be tied to the account (and probably at the login server?) otherwise it wouldn't work.

I have a dynamic IP via DSL, and simply rebooting the modem would give me another IP address, sometimes drastically different.

rahmani
04-10-2013, 03:19 PM
A+!

rahmani
04-10-2013, 03:27 PM
out the names

Sirken
04-10-2013, 03:27 PM
Is that Ephi, The Seventh Hammer?
u bet it is!

the attitude hasnt changed. as our tools improve, our methods improve. stop getting your info from mad/bad/sad people on the forums, and your outlook will improve

I'm glad these are bans, and not 365(ish?) warnings. Now I just hope the bans are permanent.
they are indeed :)

no need for delevel. the accounts were perma banned for 3rd party software.

Ouzin
04-10-2013, 03:28 PM

People are stupid.

zel
04-10-2013, 03:30 PM

God bless sir.

/salute

Now, on with the list :D

Hasbinbad
04-10-2013, 03:37 PM
they are indeed :)
GREAT!

Now for the naming and shaming!!

Simonlol
Great news :D Not asking for names here, but would you mind telling us how many accounts you permabanned?

Smedy
Many accounts have been banned for use of third-party cheating software.

Justice has been served.

http://i49.tinypic.com/33jjmrq.jpg

There's new law in town. If you have considered cheating, don't do it.

If you receive a ban and believe it to be in error, create a petition thread with your account names and character names.

Never share your account information with others.

Safer streets, stronger communities. Keeping Norrath clean.

PRAS

falkun
Good to hear Agent Sirken and Ephi Hammer.

Shrubwise
04-10-2013, 03:38 PM

Obviously not around for The Massive Banning of August 2011.

Where da fuck you been for three years, br0?

Skope
04-10-2013, 03:40 PM
the attitude hasnt changed.

So it has changed...

Obviously not around for The Massive Banning of August 2011.

Where da fuck you been for three years, br0?

Haha =D

finalgrunt
04-10-2013, 03:52 PM
Names please. Reputation concerns were a classic experience. Also I was told perma bans are actually only 6 months. A ruined reputation lasts forever.

47shadesofgay
04-10-2013, 03:54 PM
That wouldn't work, and neither would MAC addresses. Proxies are easy to come by and not difficult to set up either. It's got to be tied to the account (and probably at the login server?) otherwise it wouldn't work.

I have a dynamic IP via DSL, and simply rebooting the modem would give me another IP address, sometimes drastically different.

What are you talking about?

rahmani
04-10-2013, 03:57 PM
Although nobody is willing to see this as a problem, the biggest problem is trading accounts. This is just a complicating factor. It's also not classic; it was against the TOS.

If we didn't allow people to change their email addresses, and at random intervals reset their passwords via email confirmation, I think there would be so much more accountability.

Sirken
04-10-2013, 03:57 PM
Skope, the difference between Aug 2011 and April 2013 is that we have fine tuned it, a lot. the aug 2011 incident was the first time the staff tested that MQ detector, and had no way of knowing exactly how accurate it would be. furthermore the incident was used as a warning to the players, letting them know we actually could detect MQ now, and wasnt just blowing smoke up players' asses. most of the players stopped using MQ after they realized it actually could and would be detected.

we have greatly improved our tools in the last 20 months, and there is no longer room for error. (yes there can be false positives still, the difference is that we can 100% confirm whether or not it was actually used on p99, or simply was just running in the back and offering 0 benefits). we understand some servers allow MQ, and sometimes u may just forget to turn it off. and we can see all that now.

so while the attitude has not changed, the situation surely has

Names please. Reputation concerns were a classic experience. Also I was told perma bans are actually only 6 months. A ruined reputation lasts forever.
perma = forever. if it was 6 months, itd be a suspension.

Sirken
04-10-2013, 04:08 PM
some people get off on complaining ^^

get some facts, or some evidence.

we dont ban people simply because "playerX said this happened! must be fact"

leave the tin foil at the door

Emphase
04-10-2013, 04:09 PM
lol how do you get 6 months out of perma-banned. perma. meaning permanent

nilbog
04-10-2013, 04:14 PM
Although nobody is willing to see this as a problem, the biggest problem is trading accounts. This is just a complicating factor. It's also not classic; it was against the TOS.

I do. Coming soon.™

Safon
04-10-2013, 04:18 PM
I do. Coming soon.™

Oh snap, big things coming to P99! Just when I think Nil and the staff can't get any cooler

Itap
04-10-2013, 04:20 PM
I do. Coming soon.™

:eek:

Bamzal Sherbet
04-10-2013, 04:31 PM
woooooooooooooooooooooot

nilbog
04-10-2013, 04:34 PM
http://i.imgur.com/EGH0l0m.jpg?1

So what part is garbage? The part about the executable being a keylogger?

So what part of that was about staff RMT? Do you deny there are ads on the forum?

Praise to whomever deleted you before I read this. To begin with, we don't distribute executables. Go take a look at your folder. You have no idea how google advertising works, and you appear to be quite a weak-minded individual or trying to troll for no reason. You have no problem spouting nonsense you don't understand, much less checking to see if we actually distribute an .exe. So far, everything I've seen from you has been garbage. Give me a link to your volunteer hobby's webpage when you get a chance. If you have legitimate concerns, PM them to me. Banned.

edit: mailinator really? Just stop.

Hurley
04-10-2013, 04:40 PM
I think Susano meant the dll not the exe.

Anyhow, glad you banned them. This was long over due.

Tecmos Deception
04-10-2013, 04:45 PM
Give me a link to your volunteer hobby's webpage when you get a chance.

Hah hah! :)

bluejam
04-10-2013, 04:53 PM
a) Outstanding work.

I do. Coming soon.™
b) EC forums gonna be filled with "WTS toon xy" soon, haha.

JonathanHancock
04-10-2013, 05:02 PM

Nah like someone said, just look at Bouncerr.

Gets caught red handed, and even then admits to MQ use, gets banned....then he's back posting on EC forums buying warrior gear as "Bouncerr2.0" like what, two days later?

feanan
04-10-2013, 05:09 PM
I do. Coming soon.™

ok, NOW i'm excited!

I think cleaning up cheaters, RMT'ers, and account sales/trades/whatever
are more important to the well being of the server than releasing velious, if
resources had to be allocated :)

Elderan
04-10-2013, 05:29 PM
Skope, the difference between Aug 2011 and April 2013 is that we have fine tuned it, a lot. the aug 2011 incident was the first time the staff tested that MQ detector, and had no way of knowing exactly how accurate it would be. furthermore the incident was used as a warning to the players, letting them know we actually could detect MQ now, and wasnt just blowing smoke up players' asses. most of the players stopped using MQ after they realized it actually could and would be detected.

we have greatly improved our tools in the last 20 months, and there is no longer room for error. (yes there can be false positives still, the difference is that we can 100% confirm whether or not it was actually used on p99, or simply was just running in the back and offering 0 benefits). we understand some servers allow MQ, and sometimes u may just forget to turn it off. and we can see all that now.

so while the attitude has not changed, the situation surely has

perma = forever. if it was 6 months, itd be a suspension.

Can we get this happening every 30 days? Instead of every 2 years?

Ephi
04-10-2013, 05:45 PM

You can expect us to keep a closer eye on this going forward, and a continued effort to track down and tag guilty accounts. Won't share any more than that.

nilbog
04-10-2013, 05:59 PM

That was one of the points of this thread. The Anti-Cheater division exists and is working.

Not to say bans have not occurred between those times.. as seemingly every day someone is banned. A dedicated division for prevention and punishment goes a long way, though.

Enjoy.

Rellapse10
04-10-2013, 06:04 PM
A+

Runya
04-10-2013, 06:13 PM
Cheating sucks.....wheres that YT and leaderboard at?

happyhappy
04-10-2013, 06:31 PM
nilbog, Sirken, Ephi, Thank you.

Shrubwise
04-10-2013, 07:43 PM
They will just re powerlevel their new chars with the help of their guilds

out with the names or dont bother.

not impressed at all

OK, thanks for your input, guy who doesn't play here any more! :cool:

August
04-10-2013, 07:46 PM
Thanks for taking a step in the right direction. I have stopped logging on due to the state the server was in.

It is my hope that names come out, perhaps after a 3 day time period to let people refute their ban (so they don't get flayed alive over a misunderstanding / false positive and have their reputation ruined unjustly). My fear, as echoed elsewhere in this thread, is that they will just relevel on new accounts w/ the help of their friends (Bouncerr).

renordw
04-10-2013, 08:04 PM
Flag guilds, IMO

Fazlazen
04-10-2013, 08:11 PM
Well, it has been a fun run, guys. :(

strides
04-10-2013, 08:15 PM
Do you think there is a point where the Big players on the sever the major guilds should or could be held accountable for the actions of guild members? It just seems to me that when guilds go out of there way to hold others accountable for there actions people are less likely to cheat as it is not accepted and hard to hide. where if you have en entire guild or community of cheaters they will thrive.

Rock on Divinity for setting the standard on this sever. If you want to do what is right follow Divinity.

Adding to that what are some ways one could encourage guild to be there own watch dogs for good ..?? Raid opportunity rewards? Just thinking out loud here

Pringles
04-10-2013, 08:25 PM
Why would people even attempt to use MQ on here? Its obvious "they guna find you"

EchoedTruth
04-10-2013, 08:28 PM

This omg

getsome
04-10-2013, 08:45 PM

If we didn't allow people to change their email addresses, and at random intervals reset their passwords via email confirmation, I think there would be so much more accountability.

Just update your eqemu acct to some free throw away email address.

I am not a fan of acct sales. Rather than talk about change, you could just state

" effective immediately selling accounts is prohibited"

Thulack
04-10-2013, 08:53 PM
I think it was interesting to see Ephi post a serverwide message saying about seeing people popping up for using MQ and ShowEQ today and to not do it. These people should have been banned again without any warning. Most if not all were probably people who had toons banned and figured it wasnt gonna be checked for again so soon. I doubt there are people that stupid that would start using it today after this post was made.

Mortiiss
04-10-2013, 09:00 PM
Name and shame, please.

odiecat99
04-10-2013, 09:20 PM
so much QQ. And stop the brown nose up Divinity's bum. ANY GUILD should remove all members who are known RMT and / or Cheaters. It's just common sense bra.

odiecat99
04-10-2013, 09:21 PM
Name and shame, please.

mortiss that site is pretty funny, sad that someone paid for it though

LetTheWookieWin
04-10-2013, 09:38 PM
awesome and thanks to the guys n gals who put some hard work into this.

I for one appreciate it.

again,

thank you!

Zallar
04-10-2013, 11:44 PM
Thank you staff!

Hasbinbad
04-11-2013, 02:00 AM
Instead of outing names, can you just give us the level/classes so we can estimate hours wasted?

Nordenwatch
04-11-2013, 02:13 AM
Finally! Let the great cull begin!

Also I never really understood why they refuse to name the people who have been banned. The idea is that they're gone now, why does it matter if their reputation is shit on?

boudicca
04-11-2013, 02:34 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Heads_on_pikes.jpg

Smedy
04-11-2013, 03:28 AM

Actually, its better if it happens every like 4 months, so you make sure the cheater really really wasted his time.

If it's every 30 days it wouldn't sting that much tbh, i like it the way it is, 3 times a year seems fine to me!

Again thanks to staff for keeping up with the custom mq builds and doing the ones and zeros like champs

JonathanHancock
04-11-2013, 03:49 AM
Wilt thoust names come to be shamed?

coki
04-11-2013, 04:08 AM
they never done names before doubt it will happen, but good to know a few got banned, hope a small part of the economy went with those bans too

San
04-11-2013, 04:49 AM
ThaaaaaAaank You!

Tecmos Deception
04-11-2013, 08:43 AM
Also I never really understood why they refuse to name the people who have been banned.

I figure names aren't given because the staff doesn't want to be shaming accounts that were unjustly banned. If someone gets banned by mistake and their name shows up on the list, then even if they petition and get the ban reversed and get an apology from the staff, their reputation will have suffered irreparable harm.

Kieu
04-11-2013, 09:07 AM
Awesome work guys, now all that is left is to get rid of bullshit account sales. Should have never been allowed, but that was your call to allow it either way. I think it has gone too far, and is only making the economy far worse than it should be.

Thumbs up for bans!!! If they have to start all over again, so be it... Next time they'll think twice.

Safon
04-11-2013, 10:11 AM
Smedy your gif is hilarious

Thulack
04-11-2013, 11:17 AM
I figure names aren't given because the staff doesn't want to be shaming accounts that were unjustly banned. If someone gets banned by mistake and their name shows up on the list, then even if they petition and get the ban reversed and get an apology from the staff, their reputation will have suffered irreparable harm.

If someone gets banned unjustly they will get unbanned and be ingame. Not sure how you can use this excuse. If the toon is in the game it means they didnt get banned even if at first there was a hiccup with something. Like say my name showed up on the banned list and then people saw me ingame. Think it would obvious that the ban wasnt intentional and people should move along.(just using as example all my accounts are clean :))

falkun
04-11-2013, 11:26 AM
If someone gets banned unjustly they will get unbanned and be ingame. Not sure how you can use this excuse. If the toon is in the game it means they didnt get banned even if at first there was a hiccup with something. Like say my name showed up on the banned list and then people saw me ingame. Think it would obvious that the ban wasnt intentional and people should move along.(just using as example all my accounts are clean :))

And then you get the GM favoritism finger pointing.

Tecmos Deception
04-11-2013, 12:16 PM
If someone gets banned unjustly they will get unbanned and be ingame. Not sure how you can use this excuse.

Right. And there's no social stigma attached to being in prison if you eventually get acquitted.

Captivate
04-11-2013, 02:24 PM
And then you get the GM favoritism finger pointing.

hypotheticly if this was even true, wouldnt "the gm favoritism" be strong enough to not put the name on the list on the first place?

You guys really arent that bright. and thats about the nicest way i can put it.

Thulack
04-11-2013, 02:30 PM
Right. And there's no social stigma attached to being in prison if you eventually get acquitted.

This is a game. Using a program to detect something not someone commiting a crime having a investigation then trial. If i was charged with murder and aquitted anyone that would actually think differently of me because of it they are not someone i want to care or think about so would have no effect on me. If i don't see a friend on here for a few days and then they pop back up saying it was a error then so be it. Thats on the people that made the error not him.

Shrubwise
04-11-2013, 03:16 PM
They've got bigger & better things to do than compiling a list of all the past cheaters they've caught. They need to focus on tomorrow's cheaters.

Quit bugging them with trivial name and shame BS. It ain't happenin'.

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_livhi6uXLd1qi7deco1_500.gif

47shadesofgay
04-11-2013, 03:25 PM
SELECT Playernames
FROM dbo.Accounts
WHERE AccountBannedInd = 1

Or some easy shit like that.. maybe have to join a players table to an account table I'm not really familar with the db.

Should take 5 seconds tops.

That said, I just wanna know a count, possibly broken down by guild during the last mass suspension! :)

Sirken
04-11-2013, 05:25 PM
1) take a deep breath

2) hold it in

3) wait for names

Pringles
04-11-2013, 08:55 PM
!

knix
04-11-2013, 10:09 PM
1) take a deep breath

2) hold it in

3) wait for names

i am at the edge of my seat. waiting...

Vadd
04-11-2013, 10:09 PM
choo!

Aviann
04-12-2013, 12:30 AM
i am at the edge of my seat. waiting...

Pretty sure he wanted you to suffocate.

Clark
04-12-2013, 01:08 AM
Most pleasing thread of the month. Thanks for keeping Norrath clean of scum.

knix
04-12-2013, 01:10 AM
Pretty sure he wanted you to suffocate.

ha ha, i thought he was asking us to be patient.

/sigh

Clark
04-12-2013, 01:32 AM

woot goodbye scumbags!

Fromage
04-12-2013, 01:36 AM
Hhahahahahh

nice picture OP

Would have anything to do with all the level 42s I've been seeing runnin around with epics and full PoSky gear? (talkin pallies and SKs here not rogues)

I assume you're talking about me, as i know of no other pal/sk sub 46 with epic and raid gear. I de-lvl'd myself for my own reasons. I've never cheated at this game and think its pretty pointless to do so. Maybe next time try asking WHY i have the gear i do, at the level i do, before insinuating that i got caught cheating. You can ask Sirken if he'll tell you, he came to talk to me out of doing what I was doing, which was pretty cool of him, i guess making sure I wasnt on a bender or somthing.

TL;DR = 42 paladin with epic,planar and vp gear lfg!

Earthguard
04-12-2013, 02:53 AM
I assume you're talking about me, as i know of no other pal/sk sub 46 with epic and raid gear. I de-lvl'd myself for my own reasons. I've never cheated at this game and think its pretty pointless to do so. Maybe next time try asking WHY i have the gear i do, at the level i do, before insinuating that i got caught cheating. You can ask Sirken if he'll tell you, he came to talk to me out of doing what I was doing, which was pretty cool of him, i guess making sure I wasnt on a bender or somthing.

TL;DR = 42 paladin with epic,planar and vp gear lfg!

tard

Hasbinbad
04-12-2013, 03:01 AM
1) take a deep breath

2) hold it in

3) wait for names
SIRKEN I AM LITERALLY BURSTING

Llodd
04-12-2013, 04:15 AM
so much QQ. And stop the brown nose up Divinity's bum. ANY GUILD should remove all members who are known RMT and / or Cheaters. It's just common sense bra.

I think he means they actually do it. Is this true ?

Otur
04-12-2013, 08:06 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-viSp2OJKxsA/USGF2xPhkWI/AAAAAAAACjs/SpIr1e1yc9o/s1600/behind+7+proxies+3.jpg

Swish
04-12-2013, 10:12 AM
^ lol !

Swish
04-12-2013, 10:14 AM
Sentence them to transportation, make that "new server" an Australia to P99's Great Britain ;)

Clark
04-12-2013, 11:34 AM
Sentence them to transportation, make that "new server" an Australia to P99's Great Britain ;)

lmao

Bidoof
04-12-2013, 01:12 PM

Isn't that what the new eqclassic server is?

Lojik
04-12-2013, 01:27 PM

"You're banned from this Historical Society. You, and your children, and your children's children! ... for 3 months."

Swish
04-12-2013, 03:04 PM
Isn't that what the new eqclassic server is?

Actually seeing some of the names in OOC over there (if we're talking about The Sleeper) I'd say it definitely is. I wonder if there's some "champion of champions" event going on to see who can get banned first :D

Spectre2011
04-12-2013, 05:14 PM
LOL at all the ppl who were sayin that they box and that they know a lot of ppl that box.. I said U guys r fucked..they shoulda listened

Vexenu
04-12-2013, 05:27 PM
There should be a custom zone similar to cshome called Hell that GMs can port banned accounts to and bind all the toons inside.

It's full of decaying skeletons who drop Fungis, Manastones, VP loot, etc...

But all porting spells and items are disabled, and there is no way out.

The cheaters just log in and look at each other, gathering up uber gear they can never put to any use.

Stinkum
04-12-2013, 06:06 PM
They've got bigger & better things to do than compiling a list of all the past cheaters they've caught. They need to focus on tomorrow's cheaters.

Quit bugging them with trivial name and shame BS. It ain't happenin'.

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_livhi6uXLd1qi7deco1_500.gif

You got some brown stuff on your nose, dogg.

Calidore
04-12-2013, 09:51 PM
You got some brown stuff on your nose, dogg.

Smelling his own poo before eating it?

Harrison Remembers
04-13-2013, 08:13 AM
1) take a deep breath

2) hold it in

3) wait for names

Given the server's history of limpwristing it on known cheaters, exploiters, and the like...no bans were made. It's a bunch of suspensions that will mean absolutely nothing.

TMO caught exploiting Veeshan's Peak for the umpteenth time? A "warning" given via stickied post in general chat. Meaningless.

Holocaust and Nihilum known 100% to be exploiting raid mobs HARDCORE? Loot shuffling 6 months after the fact. Meaningless

350+ caught in antihack.dll? subtracted some levels. Big fucking whoop. Meaningless

TMO members caught on fraps exploiting exemptions to instapoof train people in VP and other locations? Warning via sticky post. lawl. Meaningless

Shall I continue with the history lesson?

quido
04-13-2013, 08:15 AM
Sdrawkcab deleveled and suspended - what would you have done, Harrison?

Harrison Remembers
04-13-2013, 08:19 AM
Never occurred, the "list" posted that was trying to frame my brother (poorly lol) said it was some character "Graceful" of which never existed probably.

The list says absolutely nothing about "Sdrawkcab"

You're bad at trolling, kid.

quido
04-13-2013, 08:29 AM
The true nature of Harrison's psychopathy is revealed. Perhaps p99 disciplinary action is what drove him to the brink. Perhaps Harrison told him all along that he shouldn't. Now Harrison is on a mission to root out the cheaters before any more harm comes to their wretched souls.

You are a good man.

Harrison Remembers
04-13-2013, 08:38 AM
Post factual events that threaten his online status; responds by trolling about deceased brother.

It speaks volumes about the character of this kid, it really does.

It's not a big deal that you're a known exploiter (caught on video no less at the very least once)

I just like to make sure the truth is known. I don't like liars just as much as I dislike cheaters.

quido
04-13-2013, 08:43 AM
I've never trolled you over your brother being dead just like I've never trolled Nizzarr for being in a wheelchair. I just think your crusade is interesting given the circumstances. It wouldn't be much different if he was alive.

Stfu
04-13-2013, 11:56 PM
oh fuk

bionicbadger
04-14-2013, 12:13 AM

You guys think too small. I would ban entire class C subnets. Proxies aren't going to last long. Router resets aren't going to help for long. Soon you'd have a nice swath of the internet banned and the vast majority of the asshats with it.
The guys running the server don't owe anyone so people can bitch and whine all they want. If some innocents fall by the wayside, so be it.

pointyhat
04-14-2013, 01:21 AM
You guys think too small. I would ban entire class C subnets. Proxies aren't going to last long. Router resets aren't going to help for long. Soon you'd have a nice swath of the internet banned and the vast majority of the asshats with it.
The guys running the server don't owe anyone so people can bitch and whine all they want. If some innocents fall by the wayside, so be it.

I'm sure you'd feel the exact same way if you were one of the innocents by the wayside.

Clark
04-14-2013, 02:18 AM
There should be a custom zone similar to cshome called Hell that GMs can port banned accounts to and bind all the toons inside.

It's full of decaying skeletons who drop Fungis, Manastones, VP loot, etc...

But all porting spells and items are disabled, and there is no way out.

The cheaters just log in and look at each other, gathering up uber gear they can never put to any use.

hahahaha

Clark
04-14-2013, 02:22 AM
Given the server's history of limpwristing it on known cheaters, exploiters, and the like...no bans were made. It's a bunch of suspensions that will mean absolutely nothing.

TMO caught exploiting Veeshan's Peak for the umpteenth time? A "warning" given via stickied post in general chat. Meaningless.

Holocaust and Nihilum known 100% to be exploiting raid mobs HARDCORE? Loot shuffling 6 months after the fact. Meaningless

350+ caught in antihack.dll? subtracted some levels. Big fucking whoop. Meaningless

TMO members caught on fraps exploiting exemptions to instapoof train people in VP and other locations? Warning via sticky post. lawl. Meaningless

Shall I continue with the history lesson?

Did I just read a fairly on point Harrison post, what realm did I wake up in? Hope the staff really starts permabanning cheaters though.

Harrison Remembers
04-14-2013, 06:58 AM
It's never going to happen.

I've campaigned solidly for 2 years to permaban cheaters. It's the primary reason why this server is so laughably illegitimate.

I just don't trust the staff to do their job anymore. It hasn't happened since Uthgaard, and apparently, a GM doing their job is bad 'round here.

We need more Amelinda types! :rolleyes:

Public ban lists and permanent repercussions for blatant exploiting etc. or don't pretend to have a legitimate raid scene, period. It's bad enough with the VERY OBVIOUS account trading going on being allowed, many of which are of the "illegal" variety.

Buy account with platinum gained through exploiting, MQ-use, or SEQ use. Account gets banned 1 year after you bought it.

Buy another account with platinum gained through previously mentioned methods, rinse and repeat ad nauseum.

I blame Nilbog least of all in this mess. He seems like he's just too busy doing actual work on the content of the server to bother with the slime this server is infested by. It's the other GMs not doing their job, and it's sad to see Nilbog's work get overshadowed by their ineptitude.(or in Amelinda's case, obvious corruption)

Otur
04-14-2013, 08:29 AM

http://iampierremenard.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/dog-dude-wait-what.jpg

Shrubwise
04-14-2013, 10:03 AM
I just don't trust the staff to do their job anymore.

It's not a job. They are not staff. They are developers. It's a project.

And, you're a dick.

Pringles
04-14-2013, 12:04 PM
It's never going to happen.

I've campaigned solidly for 2 years to permaban cheaters. It's the primary reason why this server is so laughably illegitimate.

I just don't trust the staff to do their job anymore. It hasn't happened since Uthgaard, and apparently, a GM doing their job is bad 'round here.

Public ban lists and permanent repercussions for blatant exploiting etc. or don't pretend to have a legitimate raid scene, period. It's bad enough with the VERY OBVIOUS account trading going on being allowed, many of which are of the "illegal" variety.

Buy account with platinum gained through exploiting, MQ-use, or SEQ use. Account gets banned 1 year after you bought it.

Buy another account with platinum gained through previously mentioned methods, rinse and repeat ad nauseum.

I blame Nilbog least of all in this mess. He seems like he's just too busy doing actual work on the content of the server to bother with the slime this server is infested by. It's the other GMs not doing their job, and it's sad to see Nilbog's work get overshadowed by their ineptitude.(or in Amelinda's case, obvious corruption)

If you hate it here so much, why do you bother to play / post / troll these boards?

GTFO if you dont like it, and spare us all from your whining.

citizen1080
04-14-2013, 03:34 PM
Sirken has the Uthgaard seal of approval.

That is not an easy seal to get!

getsome
04-14-2013, 04:02 PM

Haven't met the rest.

Uthtaard has the Getsome seal of approval.

Or should I call it the xzerion seal.

getsome
04-14-2013, 08:20 PM
I still get a laugh out of reading your delusions. The hate is strong in you.

What did xzerion do to you that rustled your jimmies so bad.

When your up to substantiate your delusions please feel free to share the super secret dll info of who played Getsome. I look forward to more laughs.

Motec
04-14-2013, 08:42 PM
Come clean now getsome,

Its one thing to deny he is right at the start but to continually deny you are xzerion, since he took over playing you, your forum names, etc for months/years?

Im still in awe how close your voices really are.

Itap
04-14-2013, 08:51 PM

This is quotable

tommydgun
04-15-2013, 09:06 AM
in completely unrelated news, fungi tunic prices are down 30k...

47shadesofgay
04-15-2013, 10:38 AM
Come clean now getsome,

Its one thing to deny he is right at the start but to continually deny you are xzerion, since he took over playing you, your forum names, etc for months/years?

Im still in awe how close your voices really are.

Seriously getsome, how long can you play it off as though you were not being ran around by Xzerion 24/7? It was pretty obvious then that you guys were the same person playing the same toons and that you were nothing more than an Xzerion puppet used to carry out the "master plan".

It's laughable you still attempt to deny these allegations when it is so obvious to everyone else just who was really running the show when he wasn't busy stealing uber hax for his guild's VP-practice box.

Give it up, man.

Ele
04-15-2013, 10:41 AM
whoa, this is getting good

Ephi
04-15-2013, 05:11 PM
Let's take it easy on staff bashing, former or current. See http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=96488

Motec
04-15-2013, 09:21 PM
I realize this may not have sunk in the last time I explained it, since you seem to think I believe you're the same person IRL. What I said, was that Xzerion was the one behind the wheels on getsome...

...Derp

Two years later and they just can't seem to move past it. Disappointing really. At least my life goes on.

Doesnt seem like it to me, you brought it up.

What the fuck are you still doing here then?

Motec
04-15-2013, 09:22 PM
Let's take it easy on staff bashing, former or current. See http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=96488

You're probably a nice guy.

Lets not upset eachother.

Razdeline
04-15-2013, 09:27 PM
motec steps in here for 1 day and starts pwning bitches left and right

Gwence
04-15-2013, 10:27 PM
I realize this may not have sunk in the last time I explained it, since you seem to think I believe you're the same person IRL. What I said, was that Xzerion was the one behind the wheels on getsome (who was appointed leader of the guild) 90% of the time after he allegedly stepped down. So what that meant, was that he transferred leadership to himself. You can dispute it all you want, but the dlls know all: including which pc logs into each account.

Derp

I stopped playing after my 30 day suspension (not for cheating), thx to you btw! or it probably would've been me as GL, and I don't think Ektar was playing either or it probably would've been him as GL too, before Getsome, as far as I remember I don't think Getsome even wanted the job at the time.

You're pretty far out there to think Xzerion controls people behind the scenes or some other crazy theory. Getsome is a headstrong guy, there's no controlling him!

Motec
04-15-2013, 10:32 PM
Gwence, the game is up, we're gone and there's no need to lie and deceive any more.

This post brought to you by Xzerion.

Suirad
04-17-2013, 01:38 AM
Best news P99 news I have heard in a LONG time!

Waedawen
04-19-2013, 06:42 AM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH SHIT SON!

As a repentant, former Show-EQ'er
YOU DUMBASSES DID IT AGAIN AND GOT CAUGHT. AGAIN. HAHAHAHAHA DUDE HARRY POTTER HAS ABANDONED US. GET OVER IT. HE TOOK HIS MAP BACK A LONG TIME AGO!

TWDL_Prexus
04-19-2013, 08:58 AM
I understand that you guys wont post the names of the cheaters, but how many accounts were banned in the last 2 mass bannings?

Bamzal Sherbet
04-19-2013, 12:03 PM
some kids may have avoided the ban this time. i know we have acquired a new version of MQ that was made just for R99, and supposedly works without detection.

now fix this

sulpher01
04-19-2013, 05:05 PM
So funny how many of these losers don't even play here any more yet they still check the forum...