PDA

View Full Version : Sk pet

Vertiggo
04-09-2013, 10:07 AM
I'm just wondering if sk pet ever becomes a source of dps again or if its just a waste of mana post 30

Tecmos Deception
04-09-2013, 10:55 AM
Even if it only does 5 dps, that's still like 10-20% of the damage a 50+ SK is going to do WITH buffs. Seems like pets don't get used except for eating HTs or pulling shenanigans though, since SKs are often pullers and so losing their pet regularly to invis and whatnot.

Swish
04-09-2013, 02:03 PM
Think of him as an extra bash/kick/etc...definitely not to be used when pulling or moving through dungeons. Keep some rusty weps on you (daggers are light) and make sure he's dual wielding :)

Itap
04-09-2013, 02:37 PM
Pet pulling ftw

Splorf22
04-09-2013, 02:47 PM
SK's get the L44 necro pet right? I would think that guy would be worth at least 15-20 dps in XP groups if you aren't pulling, not to mention a few extra interrupts etc. In fact I think in a duo with a shaman a 50+ SK could put out some pretty decent damage . . boil blood + vampiric curse is like 40/tick or 6 dps, add in say 35 melee dps with shaman buffs and you're up to 50+ already.

Nogdar
04-10-2013, 10:30 AM
SK pets are terrible in the mid game, but the 49 and later ones become better. Of course, the larger the group, the less useful he is, and he's pointless in raids where he's more of a mez-break-risk than anything else. When soloing or in small groups though, the 52 one is amazing, and I can't wait to see the last one :)

Danth
04-10-2013, 06:45 PM
The level 9 and 15 pets are decent for their levels. The 22 pet is rather weak, but still somewhat useful. The level 30 pet stinks, and the level 39 pet is utter trash. The 39 pet is easily the worst of all of them.

At 49 you get a pet that starts to be able to dual wield (if given weapons) provided you get the higher level versions. It's a big upgrade over the 39 pet but it's a hassle to use.

At 52 you get another huge pet upgrade; the worst pet summoned with the 52 spell is still better than the best possible pet with the 49 spell. All versions of the 52 pet can dual wield if given weapons, and the highest level version of it (hits for 39) will dual wield innately.

The level 58 pet is the level 44 necromancer pet. The highest level version of it hits for 47, and all versions of it dual wield innately--no more needing to fuss with pet weapons. All versions of this pet also have a minor lifetap proc. Given the relatively poor melee damage scaling of the hybrid classes post-50 (due to low skillcaps), the 52 and 58 pets improve the Shadow Knight's overall damage output significantly.

In short, from 52 on your pet becomes quite useful.

Danth

raff01
04-12-2013, 04:11 AM
lvl 39 pet is the worst...its barely better than the lvl 30 one. When the pet starts dual wielding, lifetap procing and have over 1k hp, it becomes good.

Raavak
04-12-2013, 08:25 AM
Don't let it tank, just utilize it for a little more dps. If it doesn't die its not a waste of mana:P

Oh yeah, and pet pulling! Especially to eat harm touches.

hatelore
04-13-2013, 02:21 AM
The level 58 pet is very useful if you are farming. I love the guy, he rips shit up when you farm, can sometimes pull off 47 quads too! I would say he def adds to your overall dps when you need that little boost, Between asystole,cascading darkness and pet, the dots and pet acting as a nice dot really brings the mobs down pretty quick. Well as quick as possible as a sk.

OMGWTF420
04-14-2013, 01:52 PM
i like my pets, they are like DoTs that talk to me and call me master

Malphite
04-14-2013, 01:55 PM
i like my pets, they are like DoTs that talk to me and call me master

Probably the only time you ever feel like you're in control of something is when an Elf simulator has npc's respond to you

thieros
04-22-2013, 10:14 AM
I PL random noobs in nektolous while i farm Shadow Men for essence of shadow. Never thought to use my pet as I use Dooming Darkness/FD to finish off mobs. This leads to one constraint. Mana. So if I could finish off with the pet. I could stretch that mana a lot further. So.

Question: If I FD, my pet stays alive to finish mob. Will that steal exp from the noobie being PLed?

Yes I can figure this out later, but I'm at work, and am curious NOW!

Junkman
04-27-2013, 08:46 AM
my lvl 52 pet hits 39 max with weps def throws out lil deeps def extra dmg lol i always gotta remember to bag my CoS when i use pet tho lol