PDA

View Full Version : Good research guide?

Sularus Oth Mithas
04-07-2013, 10:28 AM
I am looking for a good research guide, one that will list good mobs to kill at what levels to find pages, what merchants to check, what pages create what spells, what I should be combining at what levels to bring the skill up etc.

Please don't link the wiki - aside from the person who is going to because I said that.

Kekephee
04-07-2013, 01:21 PM
To my knowledge it'd be impossible for there to be a guide that tells you which mobs to kill "to find specific pages" because it's supposedly completely random. That said, I did *feel* like I had better luck getting pages from the two aviak guards in Lake Rathe than I did grouping in oasis or Unrest, so it's possible that there's something to it (and it would be really cool if that something had to do with mobs that are going to be camped purely by solo casters having a higher drop rate.) Unfortunately, I also noticed I had 0 luck getting words from Cordelia Minster, who's a caster staple, so perhaps not.

Sularus Oth Mithas
04-07-2013, 02:31 PM
I thought that certain level mobs dropped certain pages.

Malone88
04-09-2013, 04:25 PM
I thought that certain level mobs dropped certain pages.
I think that is the case.

From my experience so far:

Unrest mobs (ghouls and up) drop pages for level 16 and 20 spells
Mistmoore mobs drop pages for level 24 spells

Haven't gone beyond that.

You'll also find plenty of pages at vendors near those spots (like the
ranger camp in LFay and the dwarf in the middle of Dagnars.)

Selenia (Enchanter)
Blackangel (Necro)

Swish
04-09-2013, 09:56 PM
Highkeep does a wide range so always worth checking there (20-39/44 perhaps).

Specs are regularly cleared in Feerott and Oasis, check vendors near Oggok and the gypsy vendors in Oasis.

Druid ring vendors are always worth mining :)

Peekae
04-09-2013, 10:52 PM
Not sure on other level ranges etc but the Hole drops the runes for ice comet like crazy... Astral and Frost out the ass every time I go there

Gurbuuk
04-10-2013, 04:38 AM
Check npc near banks as well

Kekephee
04-12-2013, 01:53 PM
Well, yeah, certain level mobs drop certain pages, but a guide to that would basically just be a list of what mobs in the game are what level. Sarnaks are 25-28, MM is 24-35, blah blah blah. Not extremely useful and you can get that information on the wiki. I look at soloing guides- whatever mobs a soloing guide recommends for a certain level range will basically be that level range. But there are thousands of miscellaneous trash mobs, camps in different zones, dungeon mobs of any level range.