PDA

View Full Version : Other than oasis

Seredoc
04-07-2013, 01:57 AM
Ok, I am now 14/15 on my ogre warrior, need a place to group or maybe solo a blue in other than oasis due to half the people there being terrible.

Any good places, I know uguk has some decent spots, sisters would be nice but pretty much always camped and having to deal with the unicorn sucks.

Any ideas would be helpful

Heavydrop
04-07-2013, 03:04 AM
Najena, Unrest, East Karana, Highpass, Kurn's Tower just to name a few. Some places more remote than others but thats the fun of the game ain't it?

Estu
04-07-2013, 08:58 AM
Make sure you prioritize dungeons over outdoor zones if you're grouping (which you are, as a warrior), since you'll be getting more EXP per kill. At 14/15, Guk and Unrest are good choices.

Splorf22
04-07-2013, 01:09 PM
Guktop is one of my favorite dungeons (it has an insane xp mod) but I think 15 is just a touch too low, unless you can find a partner to help you do the spiders. 17 would probably be the minimum if you want to do the Scryer or the Undead zoneline, but after that it will take you all the way to 30 if you want.

Kurns is fantastic at 15 (up to about 19 if I remember correctly) but its a long way from Oggok and I'm not sure if there are any warrrior gms in the outpost.

Unrest is also fantastic at 15 (doing yard trash), and you can move inside starting at maybe 17-18 or so, but again there isn't much in the way of support for evil characters on Faydwer.

I suppose all of this depends on your level of twinkage, but in my experience the tanks and enchanters suffer more from being underleveled than dps/healers.

Seredoc
04-08-2013, 02:18 PM
I have minimal twinkage, most impressive(err, they're magical atleast) items I have are my weapons which are low end items I picked up for cheap in EC(SoS and Dark Defender to have OH wep and AC) two pieces of bone armor, rest is just banded armor I've made myself and derv rings, so most places people think of at 15 are more along the lines of my 17-18 due to gear.

Been doing guktop spiders and have been in a few groups for pits, but mostly pug groups there lead to wiping unless you're on spiders.

Kurn's is a bit of a run but is what I am considering doing and just bring enough supplies to not have to vendor til 19/20.

Faydwer support isn't bad for me, non-kos in gfay so I can window bank and can sell at Steamfont rings, just have to hope for sow to get past unicorn/brownies.

I'll look into these, thanks for the ideas guys.

pharmakos
04-08-2013, 07:14 PM
highpass gnolls imo, but the only spot you could bind at as an ogre would be the north karana gypsy camp.... at least until you get your faction up. getting highpass/highkeep faction is pretty handy for an evil race though, allows you to bank/sell right in the middle of the continent.

Yardcore
04-08-2013, 07:49 PM
Just like previous post stated about Upper Guk, group or solo, this zone is great. Especially if you don't want to travel far and waste your time for port/boat.

Once you done with Upper Guk, you can move to Guk Bottom. These zones are great!

Vanalr
04-09-2013, 08:09 AM
Try Befallen out, you might wanna get some shrink potions to make moving around easier, but the ZEM in Befallen is ridiculous.

Seredoc
04-09-2013, 12:29 PM
Everytime I try to do Befallen someone comes in and starts PLing. Takes all the mobs. Not to mention I can't afford shrink pots.

Been in lavastorm/najena, quite a bit better than Oasis simply because I am bound in neriak atm and the difficulty vs xp reward is much more in my favor, even soloing I am getting more xp than oasis.

Uguk is nice too but atm is a bit of a run on the CR, if I do migrate there will probably re-bind in Oggok.