PDA

View Full Version : Multiple log in errors.

sonbrodersen
04-06-2013, 01:53 PM
Whenever my father and I (two comps in the same room) try to log into p99 we get multiple problems on all steps of the login. From having connection problems to unknown errors to many other things, when we finally do manage to log into our accounts, they either freeze on login, zone in, or death and we go through another 45 min cycle of errors before we get back on. Other games run fine. Any suggestions? Anyone else having this problem?

Ahris
04-06-2013, 06:57 PM
Yes i've had similar problems since yesterday. Once i get in everything is fine but half the time when i zone i get disconnected and can't get through the login process for long periods of time.
I do get past the login screen, the problems are getting past the server and character select screens.

I'm also having problems with this website and can't access the pages without reloading them most of the time. I'm thinking it could be a routing problem of some kind, it's hardly a server issue as most people don't have problems and it's not a problem with my system as i only have issues with P99.

Zaimor
04-07-2013, 11:50 PM
two comps in the same room

This is because you can only have 1 connection per public IP address, to prevent dual-boxing. See this thread:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1002

Specifically,

Can I play with my roommate/family member? It says there is only one account per IP allowed.
You certainly can. Just make a thread in the petition/bug subforum stating who you want to play with and other relevant information. Just be aware that if you're caught 2boxing or otherwise controlling both accounts at once, it will result in an immediate ban of both accounts.

Ahris: I've also been having horrible problems for the last few days either not seeing the list of servers or getting disconnected after character select. So far today I've been trying for an hour and -cannot- get into any of my characters. Let me know if you find anything not-obvious (everything has worked for weeks, I'm not changing anything and breaking it) that helps!

Jenni D
04-08-2013, 09:39 AM
I go LD 90% of the time i zone, or die.
50% of the time i enter my login & pw at the account screen i get a time out error.
then more often than not i get an empty server list or upon chooding a p99 server i get "unknown error".

this has only begun happening in the last two to three weeks.
Its to the point now that i darent leave the zone my main char is in & if i crash i just call it a day.

too frustrating.