PDA

View Full Version : Iksar vs Human Monk in tanking

Yardcore
04-06-2013, 12:01 PM
Given both of them have same high-end gears (fungi, NoS, Tstaff, etc.....).

Which class is better at taking damage? I know that end game isn't really mattered, but I am planning to level or solo from level 1.

I am leaning toward Iksar at the moment. According to the Monk's guide, I am planning to put 10 in str and 10 in stam, or maybe even 20 in stam. Iksar hp regen and AC boost is the big plus to me for pulling and FD/Regen.

I think I'm making the right decision, but it was 10 years since I played Monk :)

Thank you in advance.

Thulack
04-06-2013, 12:06 PM
Iksars have those bonuses and human's dont. Would think that makes iksars a easy choice.

Infectious
04-06-2013, 12:23 PM
Iksar endgame has I think 16-18 more hp regen and ac bonus. Only down side is exp penalty and kos everywhere. If time isnt an issure I would deff roll iksar. If you have a low playtime or your first character I would go human( liked most places, so you can bank easier and make some money

Vadd
04-06-2013, 01:11 PM
HUMAN FOR STYLE

Swish
04-16-2013, 04:38 PM
HUMAN FEMALE FOR STYLE

arsenalpow
04-16-2013, 08:20 PM
human with mustache > *

Chloroform
04-16-2013, 08:59 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/2wecrwx.png

Handull
05-18-2013, 12:18 AM
iksar, and put points into sta. with basic gear and buffs you'll find it very easy to cap str, and with decent gear and buffs you'll cap dex/agi as well.

Colgate
05-18-2013, 12:45 AM
if you roll a human monk with kunark out you might be retarded

Cippofra
05-18-2013, 03:28 PM
Iksar is simply better. Only reason you should choose human is for experience. And being kos everywhere is not an issue whatsoever. Hardly a fraction of what so many people make of it.

cs616
05-18-2013, 06:37 PM
I don't think the advantage from iksar is really that big. As others have pointed out, they are certainly better based on innate abilities, but the benefit those innate abilities provide isn't really all that significant. I believe that the regen standing is only like 6, which is definitely something, but quite a bit less than the 16 or 18 it is sitting. Also, the AC bonus comes out to being something like 12 or 14 more AC, which is definitely nice. However, in velious monks can potentially break 1400 AC, and one item could easily swing a player 12 or 14 more AC.

So yes, iksars have an advantage, but what really makes monks good tanks are their defensive skills. In terms of defensive skills, iksars and humans are identical. So while iksars have an advantage, I don't think it makes them significantly better than human monks. I think the real advantage of being an iksar is the 12 feigned hp regen. That doesn't make them a better tank though.

Itap
05-18-2013, 06:56 PM
I don't think the advantage from iksar is really that big. As others have pointed out, they are certainly better based on innate abilities, but the benefit those innate abilities provide isn't really all that significant. I believe that the regen standing is only like 6, which is definitely something, but quite a bit less than the 16 or 18 it is sitting. Also, the AC bonus comes out to being something like 12 or 14 more AC, which is definitely nice. However, in velious monks can potentially break 1400 AC, and one item could easily swing a player 12 or 14 more AC.

So yes, iksars have an advantage, but what really makes monks good tanks are their defensive skills. In terms of defensive skills, iksars and humans are identical. So while iksars have an advantage, I don't think it makes them significantly better than human monks. I think the real advantage of being an iksar is the 12 feigned hp regen. That doesn't make them a better tank though.

Level 60 Iksar Monk: 18 sitting, 14 feigned, 12 standing

If you think +12 hp per tick standing (and +15 from Fungi) does not make a significant difference, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Splorf22
05-18-2013, 07:29 PM

IIRC the AC bonus is 35 - only 10 less AC than a Cobalt BP. Also this bonus is above the cap. The simple fact is that iksar monks are so much better that I really have no idea why Verant allowed Iksars to be monks. In Classic monks are OP but at least they are stuck with one of the worst races.

Disclaimer: player skill > char numbers blah blah

Num1RecommendedByDentists
05-19-2013, 02:27 PM

there are so many things wrong with this post

jijii
05-20-2013, 01:49 AM
there are so many things wrong with this post

Namely: the facts (or lack thereof)