PDA

View Full Version : New Problem

Ellia
06-24-2010, 08:07 PM
I am now getting....

eqgame.exe

eqgame.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.

<close>

Anyone have any suggestions?

Beldhar Stormstalker
06-24-2010, 09:04 PM
Hello Ellia...

So, from what you say, this time the game crashes after launching the executable? How soon the "crash" happens? Before character selection? After character selection, while you are zoning into the game world? While you are ingame?

Also, you mentioned you have a machine running Windows XP SP3, with a GeForce FX5200... could you provide what processor, how much RAM you have (and motherboard maker/model if possible, if not it's ok)?

B

Ellia
06-24-2010, 09:26 PM
Ok, sort of fixed it by opening EQ in a windowed verson vs full screen.

Maceblade
06-25-2010, 08:18 AM
A problem I noticed is that if you partition your drives and install EQ on one of them and not your windows partition, I would have to uninstall and reinstall every 2-3 days. Otherwise I would get the "eqgame.exe has encountered a problem" message.

mgellan
06-25-2010, 01:37 PM
@ellia:

This always happens with there's any issue with the screen resolution, and being able to run windowed is an indicator your screen resolution isn't set properly in eqclient.ini.

Go into your EQ folder (normally C:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest) and double click on eqclient.ini - it'll open in Notepad. Scrolled down til you see the section:

[VideoMode]
WindowedWidth=1280
WindowedHeight=800
Width=1280
Height=800
FullscreenBitsPerPixel=32
FullscreenRefreshRate=0
WidthWindowed=1280
HeightWindowed=800

You'll notice my resolution is an odd 1280x800 (which doesn't even appear as an Option when you go into options from the login screen) so I set it manually by editing the eqclient.ini file and changing the resolution. If you right click on your desktop wallpaper and select Properties / Settings you'll see what your screen resolution is currently set to on the Screen Resolution slider. You need to update eqclient.ini to have the same numbers as whats on the slider in the Width and Height fields at minimum. You can set windowed mode to something else (no idea why there's two permutations of windowed settings but make them both the same) or have all three sets of items set the same.

MOST of the problems I encounter moving EQ around from machine to machine is screen resolution related (or dual core related, which this probably isn't)

Regards,
Mg

Ellia
06-25-2010, 07:32 PM
Thanks.

E.

edit: awesome, worked great!

Uaellaen
06-25-2010, 07:43 PM
A problem I noticed is that if you partition your drives and install EQ on one of them and not your windows partition, I would have to uninstall and reinstall every 2-3 days. Otherwise I would get the "eqgame.exe has encountered a problem" message.

This has nothing to do with partitions in general ... sounds to me as if your second partition is fooked, try to format it to get rid of the bad sectors ... run a scandisk before so the sectors all get marked ...