PDA

View Full Version : The question everyone's asking

guineapig
11-20-2009, 11:27 AM
To start off, this is not a beef against GM’s, uber guilds or anything like that. It’s simply
a long winded question that has been asked on a few occasions already but I have yet to
see an answer for it. Here goes:

I think a lot of people are worried that since there is a small core group of people that are
burning through content at an extremely fast pace that the more casual players are going
to get screwed out of a lot of opportunities by the time they reach 40-50. MM is a good
example and it’s not even about the loot so much as it’s about the experience. He was
used in GM events post 1999 so I don’t see why he should be removed forever.

Some people also worry that certain raid targets will be “modified” after the first kill because they were deemed too easy or whatever. This is not as big of a deal but could have an impact if the next group of 20 level 50 people decide to take on a dragon, only to find that the encounter has been completely changed to make it more challenging.

In addition to this, things like manastones and 100% WR boxes will be removed from the game soon (but how soon?). These are all things that make raids much more manageable and dungeon crawls more monetarily rewarding.

(This is a big side question: Will the next guild to have 15-20 level 50 players also have access to the same caliber gear and items? Or will it all that stuff be gone by then?)

Certain zones and/or quests that were deemed to give way too much experience will be nerfed making the gap between the quick levelers and the casual players that much greater. This leads me to my point.

Some people got to 50 real quick and should get stuff first, I won't argue that, it’s the same in any game. But currently it seems like things are being rushed forward which means that many things that you take for granted will be removed from the game much quicker than many of us expected. So while we expected to experience and get things second hand, it turns out that many of us won't get to experience/get it at all.

I think a lot of people would calm down if they knew how much time we had before things like Jboots, manastones Abu boxes, etc. get nerfed removed... Is it days, weeks, months? (And no, I definitely don’t have time to quest for the Jboots post nerf.). If I’m level 18 do I need to stay up all night for the next week so I don’t miss out on these things? Or do I have till, say January?

Kaleadar
11-20-2009, 11:47 AM
Dono if this is an option but you could give MM 1 kill per guild as a summoned GM NPC. This would give a broad and fair opportunity for all players?

Dono just a thought...

Tollen
11-20-2009, 11:50 AM
^^

then you get a group of people making a new guild ever other week. maybe not though.

eqravenprince
11-20-2009, 11:59 AM
Would I really like to have the same opportunities as the people who leveled must faster than me had? Yes. I don't think that Jboots, manastones Abu boxes are game breaking.

Ehud
11-20-2009, 12:07 PM
Leave it alone. Every MMO has this problem and there is no way to fix it.

guineapig
11-20-2009, 12:11 PM
Leave it alone. Every MMO has this problem and there is no way to fix it.

???

I'm not asking for a fix, I was asking a question about time frames.

I don't understand your comment.

Urizen
11-20-2009, 12:34 PM
Timeline is scarey on this server. It most def does not look like it's going to be the full six months from live that went by before these things are removed. I hope for that but my guess is Kunark will be out by then. I would like to know whether or not i can afford to take days off from leveling and still have a chance at some of these things...or not.

I understand not wanting to set a date because if you change it you get grief. I think the deva would set a lot of peoples minds at ease knowing though. Barring a mass server exodus and with that the need to speed up the timeline drying a dayr and sticking to it shouldn't be that horrible.

My appologies if any of that didn't make sense...posting from the phone at work.

Bigcountry23
11-20-2009, 12:41 PM
I agree that this is probably one of the reasons for the hate on the boards. If we saw a timeline posted (Sol Ro opened xx/xx, hate/air opened xx/xx, Kunark opened xx/xx dates could be later if content is not ready) then I think people would calm down. With the suggested GM connections to IB, I know that there is a REAL fear on the server that if IB says "we beat naggy, Phin, Fear, Etc and want XX opened now" that it would happen and people would lose out on the current drops that go away when some of this happens (Boxes, clickie masks, etc).

Please notat that I say Suggested connection, as I have not seen any real proof (just some fuzzy pictures of what may be Pyrocat, a GM and bigfoot in the Illuminati conference room).

I know that if they do follow timeline we should have seven months before stuff goes away (Live launch was March 16th, Temple opened October 13) so we SHOULD be able to access this content until the end of April.

Once again this is all speculative and I would appreciate a GM response and timeline.

Fanwen
11-20-2009, 01:22 PM
Do not fear about about a quick release of Kunark. There is still alot of testing that needs to be done before this is open.

Maybe we can get all those lvl 50 people to go over and test it for us.

As for actual release dates I have no clue. Nilbog might know more but at this point we are very busy with fixxes. I dont think pulling a Verant/Sony and releasing new content without fixxing the old is a good thing.

My Humble opinion to calm the masses.

Aeolwind
11-20-2009, 01:27 PM
Yeah, there are over 300 broken quests in Kunark. Prob as many busted spawns, timers and NPC's. None of VP has been scripted. Tons of epics are broken. VS and Trak don't work properly. Rare drops and such are yet to be put in place. The list is fairly significant. Kunark is a far blip on the radar lol.

Maldan
11-20-2009, 01:37 PM
The Kunark info is much appreciated.

Aeolwind
11-20-2009, 01:39 PM
here is the ORIGINAL progression, we're adhering to this as best we can.

Release march 16, 1999

-open plane of fear
-remove lustrous russet , amygdalan warriors
-remove cryosilk robe , spinechiller spiders
-remove bladestorm

-open plane of hate

-remove Thex Dagger - original silent watch shield quest reward

-remove box of abu kar, return marfen binkdurple prekunark

SEPTEMBER 13, 1999
-High level pets (44th and 49th lvl spells) do less damage.

OCTOBER 13, 1999

-open temple of solusek ro
-open Plane of Sky
-remove rubicite from ct, replace with ravenscale
-remove guise of the deceiver from assassin, replace with mask of deception
-remove manastone, evil eye
-remove Scimitar of the Mistwalker, vox
-remove jboots from najena, readd hasten and AC

DECEMBER 1, 1999
-Summon Waterstone (Magician) has been added to the game.

DECEMBER 14, 1999
-The new Necromancer spell, Summon Corpse, is now live and functioning as intended.

FEBRUARY 3, 2000
-All spells that grant levitation will no longer function in the Plane of Sky.

FEBRUARY 17, 2000
-nerf mistwalker pet to dissipate after 1 round of combat
-open paineel (we starting with it open i think? )

APRIL 10, 2000
-The Terror Mask will now cast "Fear" instead of "Call of Bones" as previously announced. The "Call of Bones" effect was placed on this item by mistake.

-staff of forbidden rites - needs to be changed to ultra rare at some point

To Unlock Kunark:
-Lord Nagafen
-Lady Vox
-Phinigel Autropos
-Cazic Thule
-Innoruuk
-Noble Dojorn

Kunark april 24, 2000
-Reinstate Burning Rapier to updated stats. 7/20 effect:ignite
APRIL 28, 2000
-Due to a feature within the zone, players can no longer bind within Timorous Deep. This functionality was intended in the zone prior to launch, as binding presents a possible balance issue. Players who are already bound in this zone will retain their binding location until they bind someplace else.

MAY 7, 2000
-Gem Encrusted Ring removed from forest loop loottable

MAY 12, 2000
-increase gate guard stats, increase spawn time of city guards from 6 minutes to 20 minutes (nerf guard hunting)

MAY 16, 2000
Increased the number of frightfingers in the Plane of Fear. Previously only 3 frightfingers would pop per respawn. (haha, already done)

MAY 25, 2000
-The Runed Fighter's Staff, previously usable by Monks and Warriors, has been restricted to Monks only. The statistics on this staff are much more powerful than normally allowed for warriors. This change is retroactive and will be reflected on items currently in inventory. Though we strive to avoid negatively adjusting items after they have been earned, this item presented a balance issue, making the change necessary. We apologize to warriors that currently own this weapon. Runed Fighter's Staff replaced with imbued fighters staff

JUNE 15, 2000
-The Staff of Temperate Flux and the Rod of Insidious Glamour now have a short casting time associated with their activatable effect

JUNE 22, 2000
-hole opens
-Vox and Nagafen receive banishment ability

JULY 19, 2000
-nerf deepwater helm effect
-nerf donals vambraces effect
-You can no longer cast invisibility on any pet.

JULY 20, 2000
-/Consent no longer gives other players permission to loot your corpse. Instead, it only gives them the ability to drag your corpse using the /corpse command. This change is due to player request stemming from number of customer service issues raised by some players who were using /consent as a way to steal the belongings of other players. The change will eliminate those concerns and make the game more enjoyable for all of those involved.

AUGUST 9, 2000
-Rangers, Paladins, and SKs now have mana equivalent to that of a pure caster with the same stats. This will give those hybrids a good deal more mana, regardless of their stats

SEPTEMBER 19, 2000
-Mosscovered Twig nerfed into Mosscovered Branch
-Barbed Scale Whip nerfed to offhand only

-EPIC QUESTS - We are pleased to announce that we have implemented new "Fiery Avenger" style quests for every class in the game (including paladins). The ultimate reward for each quest boasts a custom model with unique particle effects. We think that you will be pleased.

NOVEMBER 15, 2000
-Repaired the Forager Bag. It was causing people to lose weight when placing items in the bag. It is supposed to have a weight reduction component, but was not supposed to cause weight loss.

NOVEMBER 29, 2000
-The Monk's hand-to-hand skill cap has been raised to a level equal to their one-handed blunt skill.

-remove locket of escape

-Rod of Annihilation - rare beyond belief then removed- caretaker, sebilis
-remove Blade of the Black Dragon Eye, replace on loot table as Blade of the Green Dragon Eye
-Circlet of Shadow nerfed to circlet of shadows
-Jade Chokidai Prod - was originally war/rng/shd/brd/rog/shm, nerfed to shmn only

To unlock Velious:
-Hoshkar
-Venril Sathir
-Talendor
-Gorenaire
-Severilous

Goobles
11-20-2009, 01:44 PM
here is the ORIGINAL progression, we're adhering to this as best we can.
SEPTEMBER 13, 1999

NOOOOOOOO!!!

guineapig
11-20-2009, 01:54 PM
I appreciate the sincere answers.
I for one don't expect the time line to be exactly the same, as many have mentioned we all pretty much know so much about this content and have the internet as a resource. It's really just about having enough time.

I appreciate the fact that you guys want Kunark working perfectly before releasing it and I think everyone would agree with that.

So really it then comes down to the pre-Kunark stuff.

In my humble opinion:

Even if the left over pre-Kunark zones get opened much earlier than on classic (hear me out folks) , I think a little leeway should be given before some of the aforementioned items and quests get nerfed/removed from the game.

Yeah... I think that's the gist of it.
Opening stuff early is one thing, but removing things early is another.
So let's be mindful of the time frame when removing content. (I'm not saying forever, just something reasonable for those that have been here since the opening few weeks but decided not to grind.)
Anyone else agree with me?

Aeolwind
11-20-2009, 02:00 PM
If I get the same gist as you, yeah, I agree. But stuff like Gem Encrusted Ring you better get your rabbits foot cause it will go away quickly. They were REALLY rare, and will be here as well.

Datante
11-20-2009, 02:01 PM
Agreed guineapig, nice post. Aeolwind, thanks for the great info!

Aeolwind
11-20-2009, 02:04 PM
Keep in mind, the Rubi nerfs and such occured 7 months into live. If you aren't 50 by then, then you're me and Nilbog or have such limited playtime that you make us blush.

Somekid123
11-20-2009, 02:10 PM
Not to derail, but Thex Dagger quest isnt even on Pro99.

Aeolwind
11-20-2009, 02:13 PM
Not to derail, but Thex Dagger quest isnt even on Pro99.

Most def is. I spent 2 days scripting that behemoth of soul sucking hell.

Halladar
11-20-2009, 02:43 PM
I am awful confused by this.

You are actually going to have an item like the mistwalker that summoned the pet as a proc. Have it work the way it did for a while. Then nerf it the way it was originally nerfed?

Or follow the history on that runed fighter's staff? let it be usable by fighters and monks, then turn it into an imbued staff if one is in the possession of a fighter?

You can do the thex dagger quest right now?

bopice
11-20-2009, 04:33 PM
That bladestorm seems awesome ) ,

Just wonder if the Warrior or 2 that get it from cazic are gonna proc on themselves. Since it is a mage aoe spell. Seems like it would hit the wielder also. unless they run away quick :)

Great info here. thanks

And the gate guards seem to be buffed up atleast the two outside of oggok. Not sure how much they buffed them but well well over 10k hp on them now.

Wonton
11-20-2009, 04:46 PM
That bladestorm seems awesome ) ,

Just wonder if the Warrior or 2 that get it from cazic are gonna proc on themselves. Since it is a mage aoe spell. Seems like it would hit the wielder also. unless they run away quick :)

Great info here. thanks

And the gate guards seem to be buffed up atleast the two outside of oggok. Not sure how much they buffed them but well well over 10k hp on them now.

Bladestorm did hit the user in beta. I couldn't even solo one kobold because I owned myself, haha.

Takshaka
11-20-2009, 05:13 PM
Most def is. I spent 2 days scripting that behemoth of soul sucking hell.

Hmm.. does that mean that it is "broken" in the same way that it was on live?

Of course by broken I mean that it works just not in the way that one would expect.

Skeletonya
11-20-2009, 05:58 PM

.... which should balence out with increase damage when they fix offhand damage output and melee damage mitigation :D

Reiker
11-20-2009, 07:10 PM
Well, the 44 mage pet is a downgrade to the 39. The 49s are pretty hot, though.

maximum
01-01-2011, 05:34 PM
Anyone know when they added Sporali to Runnyeye? Around Kunark?

Duma
01-01-2011, 06:45 PM
JULY 20, 2000
-/Consent no longer gives other players permission to loot your corpse. Instead, it only gives them the ability to drag your corpse using the /corpse command. This change is due to player request stemming from number of customer service issues raised by some players who were using /consent as a way to steal the belongings of other players. The change will eliminate those concerns and make the game more enjoyable for all of those involved.

Wow, I didn't realize it took them 1 year 3 months to get around to fixing that.

Slade_the_Slide
01-02-2011, 10:56 AM
It's always gonna be this way. There are people who have absolutely no life and thus dedicate their time to playing this game non stop. They may feel like big shots, but the correct response is just to pity them. There is still plenty of game for the casuals. I've always been a casual player and the highest I ever got was 51 I think in all my years of EQ. I actually got to enjoy more old world content because it wasn't hogged by people because they were off somewhere else. Thus, for me and my personal enjoyment, it was win/win.

maximum
11-18-2011, 03:08 PM
Patch notes, timeline transcribed at :
http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Timeline

Rasah
11-18-2011, 03:31 PM
When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was going to be about Class Forums.

Silentone
11-18-2011, 03:44 PM
I am reading this post and not understanding...is this a post for PVP server? if so as a mod maybe u should put it in the right place =p

pickled_heretic
11-18-2011, 03:45 PM
check thread dates

Silentone
11-18-2011, 03:50 PM
FML..I did and i just looked at the month..fail ..ive been necro post owned..

Flunklesnarkin
11-18-2011, 09:45 PM
necro post gets necro shark ;p

http://i39.tinypic.com/23h2541.jpg