PDA

View Full Version : ench guide gear?

fennixad
04-02-2013, 04:49 AM
hello there. i am going to twink an ench. i know its not necessary as a caster to be twink, but i can do that so i will do. jeje.
anyone got a gear guide for enchs? or can give me an advice about what to get.
thanks for your help guys

Itap
04-02-2013, 07:40 AM
The wiki has a decent guide for pretty much 1-60

http://wiki.project1999.org/Enchanter#Gearing

Tecmos Deception
04-02-2013, 09:28 AM
I basically started off using the highest charisma options off of that list (as a +25 charisma dark elf enchanter), and then as my charisma buffs got better and put me over 255, I would swap out charisma gear for a mix of int/mp and hp/ac gear.

Hp/ac gear is great if you're in very tight quarters or fighting mobs that summon you, but I found I tended to level in outdoor areas or in spacious dungeons (like city of mist), so I usually could just kite when I had a charm break or a resisted root or something, making survivability gear pretty unimportant.

Int/mp gear is great if you doing very difficult fights, where it is likely you'll use 80+% of your mana during the course of a single battle. But it is very rare that you get into fights like that while leveling. So long as you med up near full mana before starting a new fight, gear that gives you more max mana is pretty unimportant.

My stance on charisma (for leveling) is that it saves you mana by making most of your key spells more reliable. It reduces the chance of aggroing mobs when lulling, it reduces the resist chance on your mez spells, and it increases your average charm duration. All of these things mean you'll be spending less time running from bad pulls, you'll be getting fewer resists, and you'll be casting fewer charms to kill the same number of mobs. Spending less mana is the equivalent of having more regen, basically, and THAT is the key to leveling speed: mana regen.

If you are going to do any grouping where you aren't charming, it would be ok to sacrifice some charisma for hp/ac/int/mp, because you never know when a group is going to be pulling more than they should and you'll end up taking hits and needing a lot of mana in a short period of time, etc.

-Catherin-
04-02-2013, 10:21 PM
really if you have the money to spend you want to start out with gear in the low levels that give high amounts of raw HP and Mana. there really is not other comparison in stats and you will be able to get through the teens easy enough like that. as you level higher you really need to start focusing on stats as you get more and more benefit from it as you get higher.

And in the perfect world with a ton of plat you go for all of it at the same time :D

Swish
04-02-2013, 10:24 PM
+55 HP rings will really help for sure if your budget allows - give the cleric some breathing space if there's CC issues :p

Ephirith
04-02-2013, 11:46 PM
If you're not planning to turn in ears, scalps, or belts to get to 12-15 or so, I'd think about buying a Tolapumj robe and a Withered Staff, Brell's Keg Popper, Smoldering Brand, or Serpent's Tooth (all weapons relatively close to .5 ratio).

Combined with perhaps a few caster str items (Golden Bracer, 7str/7int neck, loam encrusted belt) you'll be able to melee quickly and easily to level 12 (and charm) before mobs hit you too hard.

And that point you can ditch your tola robe and weapon for something more appropriate, like standard issue Rod of Insidious Glamour and Crude Stein. As always, 5/55 rings.

fennixad
04-03-2013, 04:28 AM
thanks for all those faster replys friends:)
my ench its already lvl 21 and i dont care about items prize. i can pay 3k per item maybe more.
i am gonna play in group. love dungeons. but sometimes i had to solo. should i go for 255 cha?

Tecmos Deception
04-03-2013, 08:20 AM
thanks for all those faster replys friends:)
my ench its already lvl 21 and i dont care about items prize. i can pay 3k per item maybe more.
i am gonna play in group. love dungeons. but sometimes i had to solo. should i go for 255 cha?

Thanking me for the reply, but then asking a question that I pretty much already answered! :p

fennixad
04-08-2013, 07:38 AM
true. im working on it :) thanks again!

Tecmos Deception
04-08-2013, 08:27 AM
Stick with it. Chanters are very fun, powerful, and rewarding. But it's definitely a class that doesn't reach its peak until 51+. Even a twinked chanter can be frustrating up into the 20s, because of resists at those levels (especially with charm and lulls) being so wonky even with tash and massive charisma.

fennixad
04-09-2013, 08:20 AM
I am lvl 22, where can i go to solo (charming) ? thanks!

Reubin
04-11-2013, 09:50 AM
I am lvl 22, where can i go to solo (charming) ? thanks!

22 might be a good level to try Crag Spiders in EK (near the ramp to Highpass). They are decent XP and path very predictably. They also drop a ton of silk which you can make into swatches and sell. I did my mid 20s there but I think I used my pet instead of charming. When they green out you can move to Everfrost and do Mammoths...great way to make money if you're broke.

fennixad
04-15-2013, 06:07 AM
Thanks for you help Reubin! i hunted there and it was good!. Now im lvl 28, do u know any good place? im soloing/grouping on mistmoore, and the exp its great but sometimes MM its overcamped. Any zone to go at lvl 28?

PD: Yes, im broke lol

Swish
04-15-2013, 02:57 PM
I haven't ever attempted it but isn't Solusek A usually fairly quiet? Not sure how dangerous it would be but I'd imagine charming in there could be quite profitable with the bricks that drop as well as lucrative XP (if doing that, try and get some mage bags or bring a few WR bags of your own).