PDA

View Full Version : 48+ Enchanter/Shaman Charm Exp Duo Tactics/Locations

Ephirith
03-29-2013, 05:02 PM
My brother and I play an enchanter/shaman duo and we're currently level 47. We've been charm duoing since lvl 12... basically my brother charms while I help with roots, heals, and finishing mobs off when required.

We've been in Sol B since 41 but now it's starting to go LB and I'm not sure I want to do BnB. We figured maybe next we'd go to CoM and try moat or goo haus.

There's one thing I've been pondering a lot lately though: What's the anatomy of a 50-59 enchanter/shaman exp duo? We're getting to that level where mob HP is really starting to balloon and I can imagine it's going to start taking forever for unhasted mobs to beat each other to death.

I thought maybe we'd try transitioning to slow tanking to bring higher dps to these bloated hp pools. Enchanter hastes and arms a pet, I slow the mob, and I heal either myself or the pet while dual wielding hasted pet rips it apart. I don't have a fungi tunic so I'm reluctant to tank even a slowed mob.

Any suggestions regarding good duo spots or the most efficient way for us to kill?

Malphite
03-29-2013, 05:59 PM
Try DL glacial yeti cave (underground north of giant fort) like 7 mobs in there on a 6 min timer and they're level 43-44. Just duo'd in there with a monk and he said the exp was pretty good at 51 for him and i was 44

Splorf22
03-29-2013, 07:16 PM
Didn't you quit and give away your SK?

Anyway, here is the issue. Suppose a pet dual wields 75% of the time at 40+. You can haste it with 60% haste or so with SLTW. 1.75*1.60 = 2.8x dps, which is a 40% increase in XP (since you can't kill your pet). This sounds promising but a) your charm breaks are going to be much, much more painful and b) you're really going to pushing the limits of your shaman, and I guess we aren't talking a fungi/jbb/epic shaman here if you gave all your stuff away earlier.

My suggestion would be: level up to 50+ for Paralyzing Earth, and pick up an epic for your shaman (join a guild if necessary, the enchanter hate armor is fantastic). At this point, grab a pack of like 4 mobs and root them on top of each other. Epic dot them all, and start charming mobs and sending them into the pack (you might need a little timer so that you can reroot). Potentially thats 5x dps plus very solid dps from multiple epic dots. The best zones for this are ones without a ton of casters, so City of Mist (till 55) and HS North/Basement (54-59, and much more dangerous) would probably work.

I don't think Shaman/Enchanter is as good as Enchanter+Cleric or Necro for leveling. It's only at 60 with Torpor and Malo and Rapture where you can just kill the highest level bosses without issue that the duo really shows its power.

Ephirith
03-29-2013, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the advice, it really helps. We've experimented with clustering before and it seemed to work well.

Didn't you quit and give away your SK?

I did. My brother joined p99 so I started over fresh to duo with him. I've got an ikky bp but no fungi yet... I'm working on it. I've had a good time working up from nothing.

I don't think Shaman/Enchanter is as good as Enchanter+Cleric or Necro for leveling. It's only at 60 with Torpor and Malo and Rapture where you can just kill the highest level bosses without issue that the duo really shows its power.

That was my impression as well when we picked our classes, but I couldn't bring myself to play a cleric. We've still leveled pretty efficiently so far though, only because enchanters and charm are so outrageous.

Tecmos Deception
03-29-2013, 08:32 PM
If you hit CoM, you at least don't have to worry about a monster pet eating the enchanter up, since you have TONS of room to work with. Things do get tigher up on the catwalks, but you still have enough room to avoid getting hit most of the time.

Imo help pet kill things, then make use of root (+ calm depending on space you have to work with) + mez/blur to heal the pet when you guys are out of things to kill or needing a mana break. When you're dealing with level 40 mobs, a minute of letting a pet sit around blurred heals him for like 1k+ while giving the chanter enough time to med up from the root+blur and for the recharm. Sham just needs to go all out when a a heal break is impending I guess to make sure he isn't sitting around at full mana or hp while pet or ench still needs more time off.

Rooting packs of mobs is great, but takes more to get put together I guess than just killing a mob at a time until pet needs to rest /shrug