PDA

View Full Version : Cantana of Replenishment and Clarity

zanderklocke
03-23-2013, 03:22 PM
I haven't been able to test this, but I'm curious how the mana effect from the bard song Cantana of Replenishment stacks with Clarity. I have heard that the mana part does not stack.

However, in relation to this, I am curious how lutes affect this song as it is listed as a strings instrument song. Do instrument modifiers only affect the hp regeneration part of the song, or do they also increase the mana gained back per tick as well?

Basically, what I'm trying to figure out is whether or not it is useful to play to play Cantana of Replenishment with a stringed instrument equipped to give greater mana regeneration when others in the group have Clarity.

Otherwise, I'm assuming just use the lower level mana song if people have clarity in group.

Tecmos Deception
03-23-2013, 04:11 PM
The mana-regen component of bard songs isn't affected by instrument mods. However, I believe that cantata's mana regen stacks with c/c2/lich... though I'm not positive.

zanderklocke
03-23-2013, 05:58 PM
Anyone wanna do a science experiment to see if they stack? I can't tell by myself because bard mana songs do not affect bards.

Lightloch
03-24-2013, 02:07 AM
I haven't measured it by any means, but if I have C2 + Cantana in a raid setting, the mana does seem to regen significantly faster. I suppose it could be a placebo!

Freakish
03-24-2013, 05:58 AM
Demi lich and Cantana definitely stack. I haven't tested whether lutes affect the mana regeneration component.

astuce999
03-24-2013, 08:30 AM
Cantata of Replenishment (lvl 55) stacks with all other forms of mana regeneration except itself; you wont get any mana faster by pulsing it instead of letting it play, and two bards singing it will mean only 1 gets applied, the other bard will get a "your spell will not take hold" message. The mana regeneration component of the song remains unaffected by instrument mod, only the hp regeneration is increased by equipping a lute.

Cassindra's chorus of Clarity (lvl 32) stacks with all other forms of mana regeneration including itself; you will get mana faster by pulsing it instead of letting it play, and two (or more) bards singing it will mean even more mana regeneration. The mana regeneration component of the song is affected by instrument mod, singing (voice) in this case, currently the only one in the game is the Singing Short Sword (bard epic).

Historically, Velious introduced 2 more mana songs. The lvl 20 Chant of Clarity, a lower version of the lvl 32 song, as well as the lvl 34 Cantata of Soothing, a lower version of the lvl 55 song.

In Luclin, with the advent of AA's giving boost to singing (voice) mods, as well as Voice of the Serpent and the Shadowsong Cloak (items with click effects increasing singing mod), and the lvl 30 song Amplification (singing boost for 30 seconds), the lvl 20 and 32 songs were deemed too powerful and ultimately nerfed to give a specific amount of mana per tick, with a buff icon, a 3 tick duration, and no more stackability with other songs.

Did I miss anything?

Astuce

Lazortag
03-24-2013, 10:54 AM
It's spelled "Cantata" of replenishment, nubs.

Llaile
03-24-2013, 02:14 PM

Maybe on the wiki.

zanderklocke
03-24-2013, 06:19 PM

Check your spell book. You'll see "Cantana" hehe.

:p

Lazortag
03-24-2013, 06:47 PM
Check your spell book. You'll see "Cantana" hehe.

:p

Weird - then it's misspelled:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cantata?s=t

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cantana?s=t

No results found for cantana:
Did you mean cantina?

zanderklocke
03-24-2013, 09:28 PM
If only it were neither of those and Cantina of Replenishment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWO5Ai_a80M