PDA

View Full Version : Damage bonuses to weapons + Monk weapon questions

Silent
03-16-2013, 01:37 PM
e - I am level 40 if that matters at all.

I see people talking about weapons getting damage bonuses, I remember it from way back when I played live it used to show the dmg bonus right on the item next to the dmg/delay also. Does it not show this currently, Or is it not in effect?

I currently have 2x trance stick, 2x knuckle dusters. I am at a loss of whats better, I tried using GamParse to figure out what was better dps/dpm but I have yet to figure out how to re-configure it for classic/kunark level damage since it won't read anything so low as to the damage I do let alone a level 60 will(its set for EQ live, thousands of damage vs hundred tops?) Does it take a certain level for dmg bonuses on weapons to kick in and be displayed, or are they already their just invisible? I will read the wiki game mechanics after this post maybe enlighten me some.

I started a log using 2x trance sticks, Using yaulp over 25 monsters I still can't tell. It shows me my DPS which is about 17-18dmg/sec. So I guess I need to make a longer log with more information. I forgot a lot about the weapons and theorycrafting of it all, Like for instance fast weapon main hand with a slow in offhand or vice versa does it make any difference? Either way im sticking with 2x trance for now to get more info before i collect more log data on 2x KD's. The smite proc and constant hits even if they are 15-25ish dmg are sweet(7/14 with RBG belt 27% haste)

tommydgun
03-19-2013, 11:27 AM
there are threads explaining this, but in short the answer to your specific question as to what ur current best combo is would be wu primary / kd secondary...

general rule of thumb, fast in primary once you have damage bonus (which at 40 you do) and best ratio in secondary (kd is .5 which is > 7/18) this is because damage bonus does not apply to offhand.

the dmg bonuses are invisible in classic.

hope this was helpful.