PDA

View Full Version : Enc, those first 11 levels?

Essedge
03-15-2013, 12:43 AM
Greetings,
Plan on starting an enchanter and mostly charm soloing post level 12 due to time constraints and low server pop during the times i'm online.

Still building up a gear set so i haven't even created said enc but wondering how bad those first 11 levels are before you get charm?

Should i just get my level 4 animation and head to EC, buff the little bugger up and have him go to town on pumas and bears till level 8 and then rinse/repeat?

Thanks

whippetofspades
03-15-2013, 01:31 AM
I just went to qeynos hills and did gnoll fangs until 12. You get human illusion at like level 4 so it doesn't matter if you're dark elf. Just nuke, get hit, root and let pet attack, then spam nuke. Or dot depending on level, can't remember. Either way, fangs are cray xp for those levels and you'll fly through. You also have lull and mez by 4 so there's no real risk with adds or whatnot.

I would also like to add that those levels are faster and easier than your teens at least (my chanter is only 18). Plus a hasted, weaponised animation is nowhere near as weak as people suggest

Kevynne
03-15-2013, 02:02 AM
I just went to qeynos hills and did gnoll fangs until 12. You get human illusion at like level 4 so it doesn't matter if you're dark elf. Just nuke, get hit, root and let pet attack, then spam nuke. Or dot depending on level, can't remember. Either way, fangs are cray xp for those levels and you'll fly through. You also have lull and mez by 4 so there's no real risk with adds or whatnot.

I would also like to add that those levels are faster and easier than your teens at least (my chanter is only 18). Plus a hasted, weaponised animation is nowhere near as weak as people suggest

Fail.
Get pet. Root shit on pet, sit. Rinse repeat

whippetofspades
03-15-2013, 03:47 AM
Fail.
Get pet. Root shit on pet, sit. Rinse repeat

Given that I used the strategy I described and somehow managed to level past 12, I'm not sure what you mean about "fail", perhaps you're referring to the ineffective technique you go on to describe?

Galvatar
03-15-2013, 04:24 AM
Why don't you just group like any sane caster pre powerspike?

club
03-15-2013, 04:34 AM
I'd get the highest level pet if I could. Find somewhere that there are minimal pats, preferably with lots of blues. Walk up to mob. Hit in once, back up, let my pet get aggro. If pet needs help then hit the mob with suffocating, fear then go back to medding.

Obviously fear can only be some places, but that will be the places where their are less pats etc. Root is a fine replacement level 8, until then there's not really any good choices but fear. Just helping the pet by getting aggro and tanking is ok too at earlier levels.

If anything goes wrong in this process either mez+gate, gate or even just running. The worst case is that after fearing, the pet picks up a 2nd mob, or a 2nd mob pats onto me while I am medding.

If I have >30% mana it is easy to shake this off with mez. Be careful the stupid chanter pet will sometimes aggro the new mob now, use fear in this case so that he doesn't break mez. Just get the hell out of Dodge if I have less than 50% mana, or I would die alot.

Color flux is helpful but very mana intensive. Not worth it most of the time, but helpful sometimes just to get a running start or cast fear with its long casting time (skeleton gets 1 hit instead of 2 while casting, assuming I start to turn while its still casting).

club
03-15-2013, 04:45 AM
Oh yeah don't forget to give your pet a weapon. It does like 2x as much damage with a rusty.

Malone88
03-15-2013, 03:32 PM
Once you hit around level 7, go to EC, get in Orc groups, practice
your mez and get to level 12 in no time.

Get Charm and move on from there...

Splorf22
03-15-2013, 04:16 PM
The bad news about being an enchanter 1-11 is that you are basically a mage with shitty nukes and a shitty pet and no ds. The good news is that mages are insanely OP at that level anyway.

You can either solo [combination of pets/roots/nukes/tanking a bit yourself, its not great but it does work], or just group. Personally despite my whole solo artist challenge thing I think grouping is more fun, assuming the people you are grouping with are fun to chat with and basically know what they are doing.

At each spell circle you'll get big upgrades 12: charm/slow, 16: haste/breeze, 20: a real stun but to be honest enchanters are back loaded. You won't really feel the power until 30-40 or so. Then at 50+ you'll be an absolute beast.

rsloans84
03-15-2013, 06:12 PM
u could always turn in cb belts and pads .... just an option. or just group up orchill/cb for fun :) That's all up 2 u.

Vermicelli
03-16-2013, 12:09 AM
If you find that your animation pet has trouble taking aggroed mobs off of you, try pulling with Taper Enchantment. It cost 5 mana to cast and generates almost no hate =)

-Catherin-
03-16-2013, 09:57 AM
1 full bag of orc scalps. turn in at highpass. done

Atennu
03-16-2013, 10:40 AM
About 50 Left goblin ears will get you lvl 12

fugazi
03-16-2013, 01:32 PM
If you find that your animation pet has trouble taking aggroed mobs off of you, try pulling with Taper Enchantment. It cost 5 mana to cast and generates almost no hate =)

Genius. Another great way of pulling is to use lull when facing multiple opponents. As long as there's some room between them you should only get the one opponent that critically resists it. If it doesn't, lull the next one. If you somehow end up lulling them all, well there's Taper Enchantment =P

I don't know exactly how it works, but my enchanter buddy tells me that a critical lull resist puts you on the aggro list but with 0 points. Since there's no aggro to transfer, you'll only get the one mob unless it runs through other mobs. I'm sure someone can explain it better than I just did xD

Splorf22
03-16-2013, 03:07 PM
I updated my enchanter guide with a 'progression section' that contains some leveling tips if anyone has feedback.

Essedge
03-16-2013, 03:33 PM
About 50 Left goblin ears will get you lvl 12

on the wiki it says minimum level is 25 for this quest (http://wiki.project1999.org/Left_Goblin_Ears)?

1 full bag of orc scalps. turn in at highpass. done
the wiki does however say this one (http://wiki.project1999.org/Orc_Scalp_Collecting) is level 1+

Atennu
03-16-2013, 04:01 PM
on the wiki it says minimum level is 25 for this quest (http://wiki.project1999.org/Left_Goblin_Ears)?

the wiki does however say this one (http://wiki.project1999.org/Orc_Scalp_Collecting) is level 1+

It says that because you need to be 25 to kill the goblins. I've leveled like 6 toons from the ears. You can do it from level 1. Go to zone pay 10-15 p per ear.

Essedge
03-16-2013, 04:05 PM
It says that because you need to be 25 to kill the goblins. I've leveled like 6 toons from the ears. You can do it from level 1. Go to zone pay 10-15 p per ear.

alright thanks, I'll give that a try next time I'm on. Wondering what my faction would be as a level 4 agnostic DE, have illusion human and half elf though.

Atennu
03-16-2013, 04:06 PM
alright thanks, I'll give that a try next time I'm on. Wondering what my faction would be as a level 4 agnostic DE, have illusion human and half elf though.

You will need to be in a good aligned race to do the turn in, but it'll work fine

Essedge
03-16-2013, 04:17 PM
then there is the perilous journey getting from EC area to Highpass, i don't think I've done that trek since the Kunark days on live.

whitebandit
03-17-2013, 03:42 PM
WC-Kithicor-Highpass---- so hard....?

Splorf22
03-18-2013, 01:52 PM
I'm not going to say you're wrong, but your sig says your enchanter is level 1 :D

Auvdar
03-27-2013, 03:22 PM
A couple Brazier of Elemental Summoning from Guk Top summoner can get your alt to 14-16 in a few hours. If you're lucky to get them to drop.