PDA

View Full Version : Bard Pick Lock

enjiel
03-14-2013, 12:04 AM
I'm surprised how there is no discussion about this anywhere on the internets. Bard cannot train in pick lock; but it is available to bard... How does this work? You need at least 11 to pick the lock in Befallen.

Apparently there's a door in Qeynos, but you need 1 and if you try to train 1 at the trainer it says "You have already trained to the limit of your abilities in pick lock".

What's up with this?

Kekephee
03-14-2013, 12:16 AM
What level are you? Sometimes the game says you have to be a certain level to train something, but P99 requires a different level. The level requirement for bard pick lock is 40, but the game says it's like... 24 or some really off number like that. And when you try to train but aren't the right level, "you are already trained to the limit" is the message you get.

SirAlvarex
03-14-2013, 01:09 AM
They probably fixed the wrong level thing on the backend, but couldn't in the UI.

Even then, I'm not sure there's much use to the low cap bards get. Other than helping lowbies in Najena/Befallen/{Random low level zone with locked doors I don't know about}

Twain
03-14-2013, 08:03 AM
Bard can open door to The Hole.

falkun
03-14-2013, 08:24 AM
Bard can open door to The Hole.

This is why you train pick-lock. Trainer it to 11, max it out in Befallen. Pick it up at the classic level (should be accurate on the wiki), not at the level the game tells you you can.

enjiel
03-14-2013, 11:35 PM
I did some research. It looks like you actually have to be 40 to learn pick lock and disarm trap as a bard. Kekephee is right; it says 17 at the trainer but you actually can't train until 40, it seems.