PDA

View Full Version : World of Classcraft

Tarigin
03-13-2013, 04:36 AM
http://worldofclasscraft.com

Cool idea in my opinion. Lemme hear your thoughts

stormlord
03-16-2013, 07:19 PM
One of the major failings of games is that they don't really teach us anything applicable in the real world. Just useless fictional things. Playing a trivia game is better than playing almost every other game out there just simply because you're having to know real world facts to compete. Obviously, this is because games are treated as entertainment and not as tools to educate. But I think that once developers find the right combination they'll be able to unlock the power of education in a game and it'll be entertaining too.

I hope that in the future games are seen as things that make us better, not as things that harm us. I want to see a time when games supplement school and life and don't negate them.

I'd like to see more advanced games that require us to think more. Games that have real engineering problems that have to be solved with real engineering techniques. The question is whether this can be fun or not. It's my opinion that it can be. We just have to find the right combination to unlock it.

The concepts may only ever be basic, but basic real world knowledge is better than none. I don't care how much a person knows about WoW. But if they learned what E=MC^2 is, well, that's different. Even learning things like the capital of Sweden or the periodic symbol for Iron and its atomic number is better.

bubur
03-16-2013, 09:41 PM
One of the major failings of games is that they don't really teach us anything applicable in the real world.

I learned a lot of patience from EQ, as well as how to type fast, and how to react maturely to great loss of time and mistakes.

Real enuff