PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: 20th June patch, Pathing issues

Tinino
06-20-2010, 01:28 PM
Hello there,

Since the daily patch, I've noticed some important changes on Pet pathing system.

I play a mage and my pet is now very slow, like it's snared or something.
It also warps into wall while it's following me. I let you imagine what kind of aggro problems it can cause.

Am I alone to have noticed this ?

G'day,
Tinino

Aeolwind
06-20-2010, 02:30 PM
Not enough info.

Tinino
06-20-2010, 03:45 PM
I'm using the magician lvl29 pet (the fire's one). I've tested with the eart pet, it seems to be the same thing.

Since the daily patch, in little place (I'mhunting in hhk actually), the pet isn't following correctly. It just follows a straight line between it and you. That way, it just goes into wall, warps and aggro all the mobs in the upper or lower floor.

The normal pet speed ( for the lvl29 pet at least) has been reducted, isn't it ? it seems really slow as I can outrun it easily, even in close places.

Scoresby
06-20-2010, 06:16 PM
I'm not sure what all information you're looking for, but I can confirm pets have gone full retard. L39 shaman pet in SolA, just walks (rather than run) around behind me, through walls or whatever else. Will just warp around and be no where to be found for long periods of time.

100% positive this wasn't the case before. I can work with whomever to verify this as needed as it seems to always be the case now. Just look me up in-game.

Haynar
06-20-2010, 07:41 PM
I think I know the cause. It might be a side effect of another fix.

I will try to get a fix together later tonight.

Haynar

Haynar
06-20-2010, 08:53 PM
Well, I caused it, kind of.

It doesn't look like pets follow pathing when they are on follow mode. Which would be why they fall in holes, aggro things like crazy, etc..

What was changed, is the distance behind you they follow, and when they walk and run. These changes were set up to be more live like, and as a consequence, instead of the pet being right on ur butt, they are like hop-along-casidy, lumbering along behind.

Let me look at some logic on how to implement pets following pathing as they are set to follow you, and I will see about getting it put in.

Haynar

dali_lb
06-21-2010, 06:34 AM
It's indeed way annoying that they are so slow. Was used to pet getting behind when running with jboot speed, but this is insane. took me a couple of resummons because i thaught pet was simply stuck (wich he was one time) other time he came at me 5 min. after i used "pet follow" in the most pecular dance thru king room in perma .. kinda looked funny. but 5 min to get from alchy room to king room ... thats kinda VERY slow :)

Hope you find a fix for this Haynar

Tinino
06-21-2010, 07:14 AM
The new distance between the pet and the player can cause issues in complexes places. I've experienced this yesterday in Paw. We were fighting in a turn, the pet has gone in the wall, felt in the lower floor, aggro'd and warped back to me when I moved.

More info :
The pet only follow pathing when /pet attack.

Haynar
06-21-2010, 08:19 AM
The pet only follow pathing when /pet attack.

I plan to use a lot of the same code, to make it follow pathing while following.

Haynar

devdump
07-02-2010, 05:40 AM
Is there an ETA on this? Playing a pet class on the server completely sucks ass at the moment. You never know when Jibeker is going to disappear and start telling you about the mob halfway across the zone he's beating on. The only thing you can be completely sure of is that he's going to do it regularly enough to make playing a whole lot less fun until this is fixed or rolled back.

Haynar
07-02-2010, 11:48 PM
I coded something. I dont know where it is on the schedule to get patched.

Haynar