PDA

View Full Version : Bard AE kitting random questions

cuddlesthekilla
03-04-2013, 03:56 AM
First off thanks for all the info on how to do it on the forums i have got ae kitting down now. My question though is this how high of monsters do people pull when the kite? I am only 20 so i am in the Karanas, i know some of the mobs can get up to just under 30. So should i try and leave them alone or just pull them along for the ride.

Sneaky 2nd question how many mobs do people normally grab in one pull? I just want to make sure roughly how many to grab or is it just kinda whatever you feel comfortable with?

SirAlvarex
03-04-2013, 02:16 PM
The higher level the mob the longer you'll have to kite, which means there is a higher chance you'll screw up. In South Karana I learned this by pulling Chargers before I was high enough level. Turned what what would have been a 20 minute-ish kite into one that probably lasted over an hour (was a year go, can't remember exact time).

However if you get a bunch of them grouped up, like say 6 chargers, then the XP can be pretty fine. But you'll find better efficiency if you stick to blue -> yellows.

Just pull however many you feel comfortable with. I used to tag mobs until I got bored searching, then kited them to death. Obviously the more mobs you have the better the payout

Kekephee
03-04-2013, 02:48 PM
Assuming you're not going to misstep and die (which Muteki already mentioned as a factor) a good rule is, go as high as you can go before you start getting a significant enough number of resists to make it not worth it. When I was in SK doing aviaks, sometimes I'd get avocets that were too high compared to the other mobs I was killing, and when the last of the other mobs dropped the avocets would be 50 or 60% hp. At that point you have the choice of either zoning the avocets or taking them with you to start your next pull and dropping them over the course of 2 or 3 pulls.

Khaedyn
03-07-2013, 05:54 PM
At what level does ae kiting become better exp than grouping? my bard is lvl 15 and ive been ae kiting in oasis and nro, and even with groups of 10+ mobs, I dont think the exp is surpassing group exp in unrest.

Lazortag
03-07-2013, 06:29 PM
At what level does ae kiting become better exp than grouping? my bard is lvl 15 and ive been ae kiting in oasis and nro, and even with groups of 10+ mobs, I dont think the exp is surpassing group exp in unrest.

You should be able to kite much more than 10 mobs at a time. In the karanas I'd regularly kite at least 20+ at once (pretty sure it was even more than that), and in OT people kite 60-80 mobs all the time. To answer your question, it's probably faster at level 2 if you're really good, but definitely faster from level 8 onwards.

Khaedyn
03-07-2013, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the response, I guess I should find a zone better suited for ae kiting, too many casters and damned sand giants in oasis/nro.

doeda
03-07-2013, 07:48 PM
Hi, I just started playing again, and I've kited from 14-17 in Oasis of Marr (took about 30minutes per level) just grabbing all the melee orcs/snakes/spiders/scarabs lulling the orc priests...level 2 spell is really hard to master but once you have done that, the level 18 spell is a joke to master

quido
03-07-2013, 08:34 PM
I would recommend at least trying to kill every single mob that is of the right size and isn't a caster. When I first went to OT on red as like a 29, I did a pull and got to 31 and managed to eventually kill every single mob except some of the sabretooth tigers, despite a number of the mobs being extremely red to me. The next pull I got 4 levels and killed everything I tagged, including the sabretooth tigers.

It's really just an effort vs reward situation. It shouldn't take more than a single pull to realize whether or not a particular type of mob is worth it. If you find something that you realize isn't worth the effort, just zone it and start over.

Khaedyn
03-07-2013, 11:52 PM
Hi, I just started playing again, and I've kited from 14-17 in Oasis of Marr (took about 30minutes per level) just grabbing all the melee orcs/snakes/spiders/scarabs lulling the orc priests...level 2 spell is really hard to master but once you have done that, the level 18 spell is a joke to master

Haha, so far oasis hasnt been too kind to me. Small groups I can manage, about 10 mobs max, after that for some reason I get sloppy and wind up getting hit once and pretty much one shot.