PDA

View Full Version : DEX Gear

captnamazing
03-02-2013, 04:11 AM
More DEX = More procs, More procs = More Aggro....

That being said, I find that a lot of the time I don't have a shammy in the group to buff me. It seems like putting on DEX gear comes at a significant loss of AC/HP/STR, sometimes all three. While it would be good to get more procs from DEX, you'd also be a lot more squishy. As a HFL with a grotesque I think my DEX is 97 unbuffed and I get about 1.1 procs per minute (I did the math in a long kaesora session once).

Any more experienced warriors able to offer advice about gearing for DEX? Is it worth it?

Vadd
03-02-2013, 05:54 AM
My Dex is round 107 unbuffed.

I am an Ogre, no Planar yet, starting stats went into STA.

I tank just fine. If anything, I'd say put starting stats into Dex. Each piece of my gear is essentially a combination, or an exceptionally high amount, of either: HP, AC, STA, MR

That's just MY preference though.
Some people like CoF/Wolf Hide Girdle/Grotesque Mask/Peggy Cloak, etc.

Buffs can always compensate either in the form of Dex or Haste. Taunt works too.

Attack>Taunt>Slam is how I usually snag a mob off of puller.

pharmakos
03-02-2013, 12:11 PM
a lot of the time i find it worth it to swap out my 55hp/5ac rings for my +7 dex rings... depending on group makeup...

Cloak of Shadows is a great piece of DEX gear that is also one of the best AC cloaks in the game.

definitely takes some experimentation to figure out when to swap out AC for DEX but it can be worth it.

Ephirith
03-02-2013, 06:54 PM
http://wiki.project1999.org/Carnal_Pauldrons

Got these? Not too hard to get, decent compromise ac/dex.

AFAIK the only shoulders with more dex are endgame, and since you're halfling and can't wear IGS anyway I can't imagine you'd lose too much ac/other stuff.

pharmakos
03-02-2013, 07:41 PM
dang i forgot about those carnal pauldrons, only a 3AC loss for me, i gotta get those

captnamazing
03-03-2013, 03:40 PM
Cool, thanks for the advice everyone. I just hit 40 and have dual yaks. Last night was in a group with a shaman, and his buff was making me proc insane. I think i'm going to have to track down some DEX gear and keep it in my bags just in case I'm unable to hold aggro in a group, somewhere down the line :)

Volibear
03-03-2013, 06:17 PM
1 ac=5 hp=1 dex is a good way to look at it