PDA

View Full Version : Handing off camps - legal?

Byrjun
02-28-2013, 04:49 PM
I'm curious about the legality of handing off camps to someone else.

For example, say Soandso is camping a mob, and I sit there waiting for the camp to open up. Are they allowed to "give" the camp to someone who just zoned in, while I've been waiting longer? That seems to go against the general camp rules that have been established. If it's allowed than that's okay, but I just don't know what the ruling is and I've been curious lately.

Yaolin
02-28-2013, 04:52 PM
I have never heard of that being okay. If it was then one guild could dominate a camp and inflate the price like crazy, but what do I know.

Zade
02-28-2013, 04:54 PM
"We do not have a rule for how a camp will be handed off to another player. It is recommended the player interested in obtaining a camp work that out with who is on the camp already.
*Example* Player a is on jboots, player b comes and sits and just waits. If player a wants to hand off to his friend rather than player b, he has that right. If player a wants to hold a list and give to the next player on that list, that is also his right. GMs will not moderate that unless player b can prove he was deceived by player a with how the camp would be handed off. "

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2653

falkun
02-28-2013, 04:56 PM
The original camp owner may do whatever they like with the camp when they relinquish it. That includes (but not limited to):
1) Handing it over to friends/guildies, screwing any "list" of people in line.
2) Just leaving and letting new people fight for it.
3) Handing it over to next in line/on the list.

The only camp outside of this rule is the Chancellor of Dizok, which is first-come-first serve, so sit your ass in line.

One guild did dominate a camp and inflate prices like crazy: see Kunark release Circlets of Shadow + TMO, or Lockets of Escape + TMO. While IB/TR was getting dragon loots, TMO was 'socking Droga. But I guess it worked out for them in the end.

Alarti0001
02-28-2013, 04:57 PM
Simply put handing over a camp is completely legal.

Autotune
02-28-2013, 05:01 PM

Unless otherwise directed by a GM... like that loio camp at one point.

Silo69
02-28-2013, 05:24 PM
wow you kids are lucky you were not on this server during release

a certain guild had manastone locked down almost 24/7 handing it off back and forth, as well as guise of the deceiver till everyone and there alts had there fill

fact 90% of the mana stones on this server came from that said guild

gm's will let you hold a camp and hand it off to whomever they want there is no list, there is no next in line

/classic

Thulack
02-28-2013, 05:30 PM

a certain guild had manastone locked down almost 24/7 handing it off back and forth, as well as guise of the deceiver till everyone and there alts had there fill

gm's will let you hold a camp and hand it off to whomever they want there is no list, there is no next in line

/classic

I remember people keeping 20+ person lists for FBSS camp in Classic. While there may have been people who just handed camps over to friends and guildies it most certainly wasnt in the spirit of the game or the classic player mentality.

Duckforceone
02-28-2013, 05:44 PM
yeah i remember there being lists where you could sign up on for a camp... or sitting in line....

Swish
02-28-2013, 05:53 PM
young camp lawyers all scribbling this down

Bigcountry23
02-28-2013, 06:08 PM
That seems to go against the general camp rules that have been established. If it's allowed than that's okay, but I just don't know what the ruling is and I've been curious lately.

I'm not sure what camp rules you are reading.

Camps, Defined (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2653)

7. We do not have a rule for how a camp will be handed off to another player. It is recommended the player interested in obtaining a camp work that out with who is on the camp already.

feanan
02-28-2013, 06:28 PM
All of you casual players keep this in mind when velious comes out, in case you think you are going to be getting any of those time limited items that drop.

Cause you aren't.

Silo69
02-28-2013, 06:35 PM
All of you casual players keep this in mind when velious comes out, in case you think you are going to be getting any of those time limited items that drop.

Cause you aren't.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

pharmakos
02-28-2013, 06:37 PM
IMO handing off camps shouldn't be allowed

whoever gets the FTE after someone leaves a camp should get the camp rights

bluejam
02-28-2013, 06:38 PM
young camp lawyers all scribbling this down
I lol'ed

pharmakos
02-28-2013, 06:40 PM
If player a wants to hand off to his friend rather than player b, he has that right.

if player A starts a list and adds players B through F to the list before he leaves, is player B obligated to give the camp to player C? or can player B completely forget about the list player A started?

Silo69
02-28-2013, 06:41 PM
IMO handing off camps shouldn't be allowed

whoever gets the FTE after someone leaves a camp should get the camp rights

negative, not happening, since server opened you can contest a camp and hand it off to whomever you please, if you want you can your roomate can take rotating shifts on a camp and hold it for eternity...

you sound mad there is no FTE on a camp... you contest it you camp it you can pass it off to your guild best friend mother in law

there is no list get over it, been like this since manastones and guise of the deceiver

this was never a problem 3 years ago why is this a problem now? over jboots? lol have you ever najened?

Autotune
02-28-2013, 06:42 PM
if player A starts a list and adds players B through F to the list before he leaves, is player B obligated to give the camp to player C? or can player B completely forget about the list player A started?

There are no lists.

There is person camping and next person camping.

Silo69
02-28-2013, 06:42 PM

player B can do what ever he please, there is NO LIST, only list was xp groups or if someone wants to make a list you are not forced to hold a list names or w/e

if you wanna hold a camp and 20 people send you a tell saying "list me"

you can just log and let them go apeshit on the forums about it

kids get over it, SOV is gonna make u cry and fist yourself

Autotune
02-28-2013, 06:50 PM
player B can do what ever he please, there is NO LIST, only list was xp groups or if someone wants to make a list you are not forced to hold a list names or w/e

if you wanna hold a camp and 20 people send you a tell saying "list me"

you can just log and let them go apeshit on the forums about it

kids get over it, SOV is gonna make u cry and fist yourself

Not entirely correct.

I believe Uthgaard enforced a list/line for the spear or whatever in loio for part of the HS key. However, That is the only time I've ever heard of there being such a thing on p99.

For every camp currently there is no list and no one holding a camp can make such a list that will hold up longer than next in line.

Ravager
02-28-2013, 06:54 PM
Waiting for the, "just join red and take whatever camp you want" post.

pharmakos
02-28-2013, 06:57 PM
"there are no lists?"

If player a wants to hold a list and give to the next player on that list, that is also his right.

^^ from the mouth of a guide

my thought was the same as you guys, that player B can do whatever the hell he wants with the list player A hands him, i just wanted to hear it officially

would prefer if player B had to respect player A's list but the potential headaches are vast

Autotune
02-28-2013, 07:03 PM
"there are no lists?"

^^ from the mouth of a guide

my thought was the same as you guys, that player B can do whatever the hell he wants with the list player A hands him, i just wanted to hear it officially

would prefer if player B had to respect player A's list but the potential headaches are vast

You can't say there is a list, if the next person in line can do whatever he wants.

Person 1 can make a list with 400 people down it and number 2 can screw the other 399.

So, there are no lists. Go ahead and remove that from your brain.

Person A makes list, person B takes over, person C now has no camp because Person B is giving to X.

Thulack
02-28-2013, 07:08 PM
You can't say there is a list, if the next person in line can do whatever he wants.

Person 1 can make a list with 400 people down it and number 2 can screw the other 399.

So, there are no lists. Go ahead and remove that from your brain.

Person A makes list, person B takes over, person C now has no camp because Person B is giving to X.

So what your really saying is people in 2013 playing a game from 1999 are more selfish then people in 1999 playing a brand new game. Really goes to show how ass backwards this all is.

Autotune
02-28-2013, 07:11 PM
So what your really saying is people in 2013 playing a game from 1999 are more selfish then people in 1999 playing a brand new game. Really goes to show how ass backwards this all is.

Pretty much. The best you can hope for is to find people that are willing to agree to pass off camps in a list and invite them.

Basically, if person A tells B he can have a camp, person A can't change his mind and give to C when he's done, there by screwing B.

B can petition and get the camp as A mislead him (that's happened before, you can't mislead someone).

pharmakos
02-28-2013, 08:17 PM
but starting a list that has player C on it doesn't count as misleading if player B inherits the list and changes his mind?

Burrito
03-01-2013, 03:08 AM
While everyone is mentioning time sensitive Velious camps that I'll never be able to camp- what exactly are the camps? I actually missed out on Velious on live.

Autotune
03-01-2013, 03:14 AM
but starting a list that has player C on it doesn't count as misleading if player B inherits the list and changes his mind?

nope, player B isn't liable for an agreement made between Player A & C.

You all need p99 law degrees.

webrunner5
03-01-2013, 04:09 AM
edit

webrunner5
03-01-2013, 04:11 AM
People, there are no camp rules in this game period. If that was the case TMO would just be a 5th rate guild like everyone else is. Rules what rules?? :D

Llodd
03-01-2013, 07:50 AM
The only camp outside of this rule is the Chancellor of Dizok, which is first-come-first serve, so sit your ass in line.

Why is that?

falkun
03-01-2013, 08:29 AM
Because Chancellor spawned once every 4 hours, and he drops 1 of 2 pieces of the key quest to the Howling Stones key. A certain guild (I'm not stating because I'm not 100% sure here, I was still leveling to planar at the beginning of Kunark) kept handing off the camp to its guildies instead of handing off to the next person in line (who had usually been sitting there for 8-16 hours (2-4 spawns ahead of time)).

After a while the GMs got tired of responding to disputes at the camp and declared the camp first-come-first-serve. They've also since moved him to a 2 hour spawn I believe, which I don't know if that's for classic reasons or because it was a stupid c-block.

Llodd
03-01-2013, 11:51 AM
So basically if enough people annoy the hell out of GM's you can have any camp declared fcfs?

good to know ;P

falkun
03-01-2013, 11:57 AM
Eh, good luck "annoying the hell out of GMs" as a single person. Do that enough and you'll likely take a vacation. Now if you get a large enough group of un-related people, then you might have a chance.

Llodd
03-01-2013, 12:25 PM
Yeah which is why I said "if enough ppl"....

webrunner5
03-01-2013, 02:57 PM
Dude, the raid scene had been a Cluster F--k since the beginning. You think they are going to change little piss ass things because a few complain when whole Guilds go off the deep edge about camp stealing and training. :confused::confused:

Kekephee
03-01-2013, 06:27 PM
I don't see how handing off a camp could be anything but legal. If you're in a camp and your cleric has to log you replace the cleric. If you're camping something and your friends wants to come you let your friend join. And then maybe you have to go but your friend's still at the camp. Camp belongs to your friend.

Do I like it? Not when I want a camp and there's a group there already, but sucks to be me at that point.

Sirken
03-01-2013, 06:44 PM
Unless otherwise directed by a GM... like that loio camp at one point.
couldnt have said it better myself^^

finalgrunt
03-01-2013, 07:14 PM
On The Trib, it was pretty much a queue system. And if you left for no good reason (like a LD, or asked to rez somebody not too far), you would lose your spot in the queue. Made much more sense than handing over the camp to whoever you want, but that's the rules here. Need to do with it ;)

finalgrunt
03-01-2013, 07:29 PM
Despite potential for abuse, I LOVE THIS CAMP SYSTEM OVER CLASSIC. This is probably the best change that P99 has had to offer... a comprehensive camping system that Classic never had.

I fully support it because it has proven to be extremely stable over the years.

FIFO queue was at least as stable and comprehensive. It also had the advantage of avoiding camp lock down and abuse. Someone must wonder why the FIFO was used when the LoIO key camp became absurd.
Locking raid targets by outmobilizing, I can understand. Locking camps just because you can hand over to your friend? Naaah. But I don't make the rules, so more power to you XD

Cars
03-01-2013, 07:32 PM
One guild did dominate a camp and inflate prices like crazy: see Kunark release Circlets of Shadow + TMO, or Lockets of Escape + TMO. While IB/TR was getting dragon loots, TMO was 'socking Droga. But I guess it worked out for them in the end.

GM's interfered twice during the droga sock, once for vesica day "proving" that we were afk camping, which we werent and once because of a little loser named Bruce. On both occassions we were ported to zone line and told to get out.

P.S: Selling 54 Pally Bound at Pots 8P

/classic

Bahaha Gothic Circle, Rhea and Pickler still have like 6-8 manastones on those accounts between them that will never be seen in the economy ever again.

Lyra
03-01-2013, 07:39 PM
I remember people keeping 20+ person lists for FBSS camp in Classic. While there may have been people who just handed camps over to friends and guildies it most certainly wasnt in the spirit of the game or the classic player mentality.

Yup

finalgrunt
03-01-2013, 07:44 PM
As for keeping lists, they were held in /say and updated with each new arrival / depart. There is no way you could suddenly remove or add people to your liking. But I've understood from playing here that I was blessed when I chose that server. Could have ended up in hell. Each server had their own set of rules.

Xadion
03-01-2013, 08:12 PM
on veeshan the person to start the camp made the rules... Any lists where because the first person thought that was the best and asked the next to keep the list going.. Handing off also happens a lot on live and here, the rules support this.

I don't see why this thread is so long other than QQ people hand off camps I can't get my VP key I'll never use... Because what camps are locked down now? PS and RS are the only ones I can think of that have any lock down cock block just to be annoying heh