PDA

View Full Version : Bloodpoints for a warrior?

Psionide
02-27-2013, 01:24 AM
How important are these to a warrior? How good is the lifetap is it worth the 8k it is going to cost to buy both of them, just trying to gauge how much worth they are to a warrior is it a nice way to minimize downtime or is it just a gimmick pretty much? Also for the soloing warrior is it worth swapping in a locustlure till it procs for that walking sleep slow,prolly not I am guessing?

falkun
02-27-2013, 09:16 AM
Fungi + Truncheon + Bloodpoints is warrior soloing at the high levels. BPs are just a gimmick if you aren't soloing.

Atennu
02-27-2013, 09:21 AM
adding even more RNG to your life for the locustlure proc isn't going to end up in your favor. Falkun hit it on the head tho

Splorf22
02-27-2013, 11:45 AM
The are also fantastic in small groups. IMO Shaman/Warrior is 99% as good as Shaman/Monk and blood points are one of the reasons why. 85 damage x 3 PPM = 255, so you get 1 point healed per minute per point of dexterity. If you have 200 dex, that is effectively 20 hp/tick in regen! Add in a fungi and regrowth for 50 hp/tick, and your hp will barely go down even if the mob isn't slowed.

cs616
02-27-2013, 03:40 PM
The are also fantastic in small groups. IMO Shaman/Warrior is 99% as good as Shaman/Monk and blood points are one of the reasons why. 85 damage x 3 PPM = 255, so you get 1 point healed per minute per point of dexterity. If you have 200 dex, that is effectively 20 hp/tick in regen! Add in a fungi and regrowth for 50 hp/tick, and your hp will barely go down even if the mob isn't slowed.

I've never seen the math behind dex and procs. Do you know how the relationship between the two is calculated or have a link to some where it is explained? I've always been curious about that.

Vadd
03-02-2013, 05:24 AM
Fungi + Truncheon + Bloodpoints is warrior soloing..... His name is Vadd!

Tecmos Deception
03-02-2013, 11:14 AM
I've never seen the math behind dex and procs. Do you know how the relationship between the two is calculated or have a link to some where it is explained? I've always been curious about that.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=303374&postcount=144

Mind that the quotes of the EQEMU code in there, which is NOT the same as the p99 code. Karnas explains, below the quotes, the differences here.

The "primary proc chance OR secondary proc" is interesting. I'm not sure exactly how that will work, but it sounds like it might cause the PPM numbers to be a bit lower in practice, but minimally so.

pharmakos
03-02-2013, 12:03 PM
i use my Blood Points all the time. was soloing Ice Giants starting at level 53 using them. they really open up your duo/trio options as well. was soloing out on Seafury Island with them too.