Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 03:08 PM
Large Rat

Default Daybreaks progression server

In a word... LOL
Old 06-01-2015, 10:06 AM
Aviak

Excellent news, it looks like all your guys hard work is starting to be noticed.

'Toodles' doesn't really know what he is talking about, you guys are not sell outs, and you did not get "*** *****."

Also getting listed on the official server list might actually be a good thing... at least daybreak would punish all of the immoral, racist and vulgar trolls that this community seems draw in.
Old 06-01-2015, 10:16 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life617 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also getting listed on the official server list might actually be a good thing... at least daybreak would punish all of the immoral, racist and vulgar trolls that this community seems draw in.
This would be nice to see. I have thought about this for a while, and I think the only way to kind of fix that area of the server, would be to have Daybreak charge an initial fee to continue playing the server, and then a recurring monthly fee say $10. Not sure anything will be done about it now though?
Old 06-01-2015, 03:43 PM
Skeleton

Awesome! It'd be great to get a legitimate downloadable client for a nominal fee!
Old 06-02-2015, 04:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey Guys,

We'll probably be doing something on the weekend of the original date (May 29th to June 1st), something like an XP Increase, maybe an event or two.

Rog
Would it be possible to get an extension on the double xp? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Since the outage was right before the double xp, another bit for those who took some time off would be awesome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

Thanks for all you guys do.
Old 06-02-2015, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dude need to realize he's playing on the beta server for the real server which won't be released until all the velious stuff is fixed.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:14 PM
Skeleton

The problem I see with Daybreak is the company CEO Smedly. In addition to not be trustworthy, Smed can screw up a wet dream. Many problems and changes from EQ to Star Wars to Vanguard points directly at him.
Old 06-09-2015, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

Honestly I don't understand why a 'written agreement' needed to happen in the first place. Well maybe...

Was it needed because Daybreak would have spent millions on lawyers/legal fees to sue P99 in which would have cost P99 millions to have neither a positive or negative outcome? Basically waste P99 money. I would believe that.....

What I don't understand is why this never occurred before. Why suddenly after Columbus Nova purchased SoE?
Old 06-09-2015, 03:01 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

It's not new thing. I was involved as a player and a GM on a popular EQ emu several years ago. They were given a cease and desist. They had to shut down and reopen under new names and websites to try and avoid the legal hassle.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:12 PM
Skeleton

One would think after so many years online with no legal issues from SOE that legal enforcement of copyright and IP property would be difficult to enforce today.

Of course Daybreak is now the new property owner, but since Smedly was the SOE game divisional head, he cannot claim he didn't know about P1999 or why he didn't shut down the P1999 site years ago.
Closed Thread