Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

I really hope they can pull it off. I hate the thought of this story being crammed into 7 seasons. It's such an epic series and it's been my favorite for years. It would be a shame if they mess it up.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This one is my favourite:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha! Love this. I know, delayed reaction but I haven't lurked in this thread for a long time. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-24-2013, 02:17 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really hope they can pull it off. I hate the thought of this story being crammed into 7 seasons. It's such an epic series and it's been my favorite for years. It would be a shame if they mess it up.
another thing i worry about is that the show runners (David and Dan) have constantly said "if we can just get to the red wedding, and pull it off, we can die happy". and thats starting to worry me a bit. what if they lose interest after finishing the awesomeness that is the rest of book 3. i know book 4 is a lot of new people and places and a lot of walking around and talking and other bullshit.

but i just dont see how they can pull it off without cutting out a TON of stuff.

unless they up the amount of episodes to 13, OR if they split seasons like Sopranos Season 6A and 6B

i dunno.

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Last edited by Sirken; 10-24-2013 at 12:24 PM..
Old 10-24-2013, 02:30 AM
Banned

Everquest
Old 10-24-2013, 05:42 AM
Fire Giant

Damn, when I took a break from the game I completely forgot about this thread. And now I've read the last 30 friggin pages and I want to talk about stuff, so I'm gonna! Just a couple of things though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
any idea what Melisandre was talking about when she was talking about the "eyes" staring back at her from inside Arya?
I didn't notice anybody else mention this, but I thought that she was referring to Nymeria. I don't think it's ever actually been adressed but I've always assumed that, as the Starks could see through the eyes of their direwolves, so could the direwolves see through the Starks.

And it never occured to me until I read page 51, but...

Quote:
Cersei's children: Cersei will outlast her children and die by the hands of the valonqar.
Cersei:"Will the king and I have children?"
Maggy:"Oh, aye. Six-and-ten for him, and three for you."
Maggy:"Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds," she said. "And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you." ”
It's funny reading the wording of the prophecy now, knowing what we know. She didn't ask "will the king and I have children together", and the answer gives them seperate and unrelated children. But the thing I noticed is "shall wrap his handS." We know valonqar is high Valyrian for little brother, but...only one of her little brothers still has multiple hands capable of wrapping and I find it hard to believe that Tyrion is going to strangle Shae, kill his father, AND choke his sister to death with his bare hands. It made me start trying to think of who else is a little brother, and maybe has a splash of Targaryen blood in them. After looking at the family tree that could include Aegon (if he's a real Targaryen), Varys (if he's a Blackfyre and his sister was older), even Gendry (if he's not the oldest of Robert's bastard children).

I know that's a little random but ermagherd, I haven't talked about this stuff in so long.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:32 PM
Fire Giant

I was disappointed in how little the books have mentioned what is going on with Nymeria, the show has really done nothing. I really hope that her and her pack are going to end up playing some vital role in something and I would hate for it to be a "remember two lines of dialogue four books/seasons ago about a wolf pack? SURPRISE!" kind of thing.

I know that Cersei is an evil bitch and all, but I just don't see Jaimie doing something that cold blooded any more. I think that at this point she would basically have to put him in as messed up a situation as the mad king did. I don't think that his path to righteousness will include being labeled kinslayer as well as kingslayer.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:53 PM
Sarnak

Watched season two and now about halfway through a clash of kings. Absolutely loving it even though I know most of the story arcs through book three.
Favorite characters are the rightful king, Davos, Tywin, Tyrion, and Lord Baelish...can't stand Cat or Sansa since they're so mind blowingly stupid. And Dany is just a little horse slut with Stockholm Syndrome
Old 10-24-2013, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalore93 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Watched season two and now about halfway through a clash of kings. Absolutely loving it even though I know most of the story arcs through book three.
Favorite characters are the rightful king, Davos, Tywin, Tyrion, and Lord Baelish...can't stand Cat or Sansa since they're so mind blowingly stupid. And Dany is just a little horse slut with Stockholm Syndrome
Lol wtf! Hahaha
Old 10-24-2013, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WB Sir.

could very well be Nymeria. a lil upset the show doesnt even mention what Nymeria has been up to.

as far as Cersei, i expect her to run her mouth to Jaime, and for him to choke that bitch out, completing his transformation from evil to good.

Season 4, Coming March 2014

Book 6, Coming... lol
I agree about Nymeria. One of the things I liked alot about the Starks was their mystical connection with the direwolves. Especially between Arya and Nymeria. Arya is such a fierce little thing, just like her wolf. I thought it was a shame they didn't include that in the show.

About the valonqar. I think it's Tyrion, for sure. I think he will definitely end up back in King's Landing and will be the one to choke the bitch out.
Last edited by Sidelle; 10-24-2013 at 04:40 PM.. Reason: typos
Old 10-24-2013, 05:26 PM
Sarnak

The thing about the valonqar being Tyrion is it's too obvious. When even Cersei suspects it'll be him, it just makes sense that it'll be someone else.

Also this is a fun blog about the goings on in Meereen in ADWD
http://meereeneseblot.wordpress.com/