Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Lets face it (/forums/showthread.php?t=243136)

iruinedyourday 05-16-2016 10:11 PM

Lets face it

Overwatch is one of the, if not the most immaculate & well designed games that there has ever been. The ability these guys have to tell a story, through the environment, viral videos & gameplay has never been done not just so well, but pretty much not ever before.

Look at the environment during the last half of this short, do you recognize fighting for the final position during overwatch beta? I think what they are doing is trying to really drive home that this is a world we're playing in, not just a bunch of maps. I think that its a concious choice to help gameplay create an infinite number of narratives as we all play this game into obscurity.

It really is just mind blowing to me the level of perfection on every front this tempest of gaming is hitting every moment until launch.

Well anyway here's more great content for free: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ09xdxzIJQ

If you haven't played OW yet, give it a shot, its incredibly easy to pick up and likely very, very, very deep.

Swish 05-16-2016 10:15 PM

There's something about giving money to Blizzard... I just...can't...

Grubbz 05-16-2016 10:15 PM

Would enjoy an Overwatch MMO

Folly 05-16-2016 10:21 PM

OP is sarcastic right?

im thinking now u must not be sarcastic. im not fooled/drawn in by these type of videos, they are all cliche and bland much like league of legends cinematics and trying to look grand. they are all the same, overwatch isn't being unique. but it must have its allure to all the young generation gamers.

also when i was young and into league of legends for the first 2 years i played, i kinda liked the game and characters. but i really hated the cinematics.

maerilith 05-16-2016 10:28 PM

I hope my vagina is one day as immaculate as overwatch.

Doctor Jeff 05-16-2016 10:30 PM

I played the beta for about 10-15 hours total and the gameplay experience was much the same as what one would find in Call of Duty. Not a game for me.

iruinedyourday 05-16-2016 10:46 PM

I predict this franchise will make them more money than wow did, which will probably at least triple the company evaluation. Atv stock going to be in the 90s in 2 years watch.

maerilith 05-16-2016 10:48 PM

Will overwatch ever be as pretty as modded oblivion though???!!!!????!!!????

Daywolf 05-16-2016 10:58 PM

Bliztard game? meh...
I'm holding out hope no man's sky is the game release thang this year, at least for us sci-fi sandbox type gamers.

iruinedyourday 05-16-2016 11:05 PM

what ever happened to star citizen? Did it crash?