Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Make MQ EPIC farming Illegal (/forums/showthread.php?t=427185)

Eqgod34 01-03-2024 11:55 AM

Make MQ EPIC farming Illegal

Topic, Make it illegal so the big dicks cant make plat off people needing an actual epic done. Its bullshit and if u disagree your a moron. Let the little guys actually complete epics without having to pend 100's of k. Im Blackpaw on green and I approve this message, if u disagree, F u.

PS . <Rest in Peace> Recruiting -----

Toxigen 01-03-2024 12:01 PM

k

ahalls2015 01-03-2024 12:04 PM

But how do you really feel? ��

Andyman1022 01-03-2024 01:14 PM

Epic MQ sellers make epics more accessible for people, not less accessible.

ahalls2015 01-03-2024 01:19 PM

On a serious note, maybe get with the farmer and seller if you can't afford it and work something out, offer to help camp it, explain your situation etc. If they have the camp, they have the camp

Toxigen 01-03-2024 01:49 PM

farm your plat and buy your mq like a real elf

Eqgod34 01-03-2024 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andyman1022 (Post 3668543)
Epic MQ sellers make epics more accessible for people, not less accessible.

Wrong, They charge 125k a tear and 800k for earth staff etc, dont tell me its more accessible Lol. I think mobs should only trigger if the epic person is in the zone who is on that step. This Farming epic for selling is getting out of hand and we cant finish epics when guilds are sitting on everything. Classic or not, it needs changed. The staff changes all kinds of shit and makes it "Not classic" so I don't want to hear that excuse.

TercerRigo 01-03-2024 03:23 PM

Honestly, if you could find a hundred people to agree with you, how likely do you believe you are to get an official response?

Quote:

I think mobs should only trigger if the epic person is in the zone who is on that step
How about you grab eqemu and see how tedious this would be to implement.

PatChapp 01-03-2024 03:26 PM

Hasn't been a magi staff for sale on green in a long time. Tears also rarely come up for sale vs the amount that drop.
Which epic bottlenecks are you regularly seeing for sale

WarpathEQ 01-03-2024 03:32 PM

Plat is more accessible then raid encounters therefore MQs = Accessibility. If MQs weren't available then the camp would just be more contested, less efficient, and lead to more complaints/negative experiences.

Restricting the drops would mean less drops which would mean more scarcity and less accessibility, aka counter productive to your end goal. Making things not-MQable would increase the chance of rot or loot going to waste because someone isn't there to loot it on the character that needs it in that moment 100% of the time.

Really its a conversation about people thinking they are entitled and want things handed to them when they aren't willing to put in the same amount of work as the person that is actually farming the loot. You see this pervasive in big guilds where people complain about loot despite being handed a lot more from the guild than what they actually contribute to the guild in return.